Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellzlittlespy (great work guys)

Default Hellzlittlespy (great work guys)

You have toasted (i.e. destroyed) 100's...maybe 1,000's of people's machines. The solutions are complex and take advanced knowledge (like is the Bart CD good on Win 2000 Pro?....it looks like XP only)....it takes an advanced user to create this disk and load the three files. Thanks. Your software is worse than the baddest virus out there....complete destruction...and thanks again!! Your free software is not so free now! Would you like to come to my party and fix my computer. Yep...the best virus out there....SPYBOT

ja....unt vill die solution #3 verk mit Win 2000 Pro?

Hello,

Please have a look at this blog we have just written about this problem:
    http://forums.spybot.info/blog.php?b=14
    That should help to solve it. :-)

Best regards
    Sanra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Please have a look at this blog we have just written about this problem:
    http://forums.spybot.info/blog.php?b=14
    That should help to solve it. :-)

Best regards
    Sanra
    Team Spybot
    Yes, thank you all at Spybot (best virus in the world) for toasting my computer. I wonder if we can name a new virus...the hellzlittlespy Vers. 1.3 virus that wasn't a virus...but toasted more computers than any before? I have now spent 7 hours trying to fix the registry of my computers using all of the methods on this and other forums. Your "Solution #2" does not work. Guess what...it does not work. I burned the image onto cd and booted from that cd. Everything went as shown on the screen shots, but the registry was not changed from the one that is now defective.....due to your software...and only your software. In the beginning of trying to use the iso disk, it comes up with a statement that the computer has to be started in Safe Mode twice because no changes can be made without this. However, the computer cannot be started in Safe Mode due to your software removing the code it needs in the registry to start in Safe Mode. Why don't you screw up one of your computers.......and see that your solution does not work.....what now Sherlock?

There were problems in the include file <filename>. See ''Include errors.log'' for details.
    Does that ring a bell? Whenever you scan with an old version like 1.3, it'll tell you that it's incompatible. Unless you've decided to go to the settings page and disable this warning. Search the forum for this message and you'll see that many users do actually notice this message.

We kept the updates available for 1.3 users simply for those who were forced to keep using it e.g. because they have Windows 95 and not enough RAM for a newer version, with the understanding that they would not simply ignore the warning. We did not keep them available for people who decided to ignore both this message and the two updates available through the updater since.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

....uuugh....don't even try this........there was no "warning" at ALL......if there was, I certainly would not have just "ignored" it. Is this some kind of a sick joke to blame the victim? It's like my computer was raped...and now you want to blame me. Not Funny At ALL! I had the installed version of 1.3......I used it quite often and upgraded using the buttons on the interface. The only pop-up message was about conflicts with Adaware.....and even that message I did not disable. If you want to help, that is one thing.....but please, don't even try this blame game b.s. dude.

and might I add for those that are tone deaf;

"There were problems in the include file <filename>. See ''Include errors.log'' for details".

Ring a bell?????...NO!

If you search the forum for "Include errors.log", you'll find 66 discussions from other people who asked what this message means. Here's a screenshot of what I refer to:

There is on option on the settings page, called
    Ignore if single detections in include files need a newer program version.
    which would make this message go away if checked, but otherwise, it should show up on each scan, probably multiple times.
    Are you sure you haven't seen this during scans?

And since you said you upgraded quite often, take a look at the updates that all versions of Spybot-S&D download (warning, tech talk ahead):
    http://www.safer-networking.org/updates/spybotsd.ini
    It's a bit technical, but in the group [Main update 1.5.2], there is no MinBuild parameter, meaning that it will show to all versions up to the MaxBuild one, which here is 20071230 (1.5.2 itself). Both the "Importance=Hoch" and the exclamation mark in front of the "Info" field tell the update function to pre-check this update in the list of updates Spybot-S&D shows. So, from the technical perspective, everything looks quite like 1.3 would show the main update.

That is theory alone of course and quite technical maybe, so I went ahead, took a fresh 1.3, searched for updates, and voila:

The main application update shows, and installs when clicking the download button. Unless you right-clicked the entry and told Spybot-S&D to ignore this update, it would show up again and again. And if you stopped the update after starting it, the setup file to install the new version should still remain visible on your desktop.

Between 1.3 and 1.4, I have to admit there might not have been a full installer, just a message that told you to download the newer version, which is no longer reproducible today, so I can't retest that condition.

PepiMK...I haven't used ""quote" as that would be a waste of space....but let me say the following.

You are obviously a much smarter guy than me when it comes to this particular issue. I am heated up as I now have three computers that are toasted.....and they all contain things that I need on a daily basis. My life is at a standstill.......although I do have copies of a lot of files, etc. and can get the information if I am willing to reformat, re-enter all the programs and transfer files.

We can argue about what screens came up and what was downloaded for a long period of time. The fact is that no message ever came up that you show in the first screen shot and I don't really understand where you are going on the second screen shot. Everytime I downloaded the updates, the boxes would turn to green check marks. Everytime I used Spybot, I updated. I never got any error messages about error logs, versions or anything else. I certainly never got any message about updating to a newer version....because I gladly would have. I certainl;y did not go into settings. All boxes were checked. Believe me...this is just another glitch in the softare as it relates to Win 2000 Pro and the Service Pack that I use....which would be the latest according to the Microsoft updater. Arguing about this does not do anyone any good. You are only trying to justify what happened and it certainly seems that someone at Spybot added some malicious code.

Can we please just move on from what has passed? Can you help me to add the registry line that is necessary to boot? Someone at Spybot needs to spend the time to figure out what to do. The fixes (three methods) do not work. Can you help?
    Last edited by walker; 2008-07-04 at 00:11.

The second screenshot should have shown that the main application update to 1.5.2 should actually show and install during regular updates. But you're right, moving on to fix the problem would be the more sensible thing than arguing
    I must admit though that with all the voices around, I haven't read up everything on the issue yet; I will have to read more and possibly run a test here to get the complete picture to not give any wrong advice.