Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hellzlittlespy (great work guys)

Default Hellzlittlespy - What Now???

I've tried booting from my XP disc. Using F12, I selected boot from CD, it ignores me completely & tries to boot from HD. I can't find a way to get to the recovery console.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

SlmJon:

For methods to fix the problem caused by HellzLittleSpy, see this blog entry:

There is also a suggestion by HP_XP_User to purchase "Fix It Utilities Professional version 8" which seems to be successful in correcting the problem. See this post.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Hellzlittlespy - What Now???

Thanks for the input. I tried the blog suggestions. Method 1 requires that the "dead" XP computer shows up on the network. It doesn't since I can't log in. Method 2 went OK until it got to "registry path"...then the program hung & would go no further. After quitting & restarting a couple of times, then it said it couldn't find a HD that had a Windows OS. That scared me enough that I stopped and have done nothing further.

Now, I'm living in total fear that my Vista machine will crash. Since it hasn't yet, is there something I can do to fix it???? Will a system restore fix the problem?

Default Thank you for this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dalach View Post
    I recently had the same experiences with Hellz Little Spy. However, I was lucky enough to find the following site: http://www.icompute.info/System_restore_from_xp_cd.htm and it gave directions for doing a system restore from Recovery. I have Windows XP and this site worked well for me. Good Luck!
    However, I still can't get Spybot to stop telling me I have Hellz Little Spy and Cool Search.
    This site got me back online!! WoooHoooo! Thanks so much! Now I'll just have to go through more posts and find manual removal instructions for hellz little spy as Spybot is still finding it for me as well. Won't hit fix this time though... thats for sure!

Thanks so much!!
    ashe

asheatl26: There is no hellzlittlespy on your computer. This is a false alarm given by Spybot 1.3.

If you are not totally disappointed in Spybot, install v1.5.2. It won't find this on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterW View Post
    Walker,
    There are two solutions for your problem. The first one you can find here by "Method 4":
    http://forums.spybot.info/blog.php?b=14

and the second one is described below. Please decide by yourself which variant is best for you:

An easy way to solve the problem is to use the repair installation function on your windows 2000 installation disk (you need a valid Windows 2000 key):

1. Insert the installation disk into your cd/dvd drive

2. Make sure that the boot sequence in the bios is set to "boot from cd first"

3. Start your computer and you will see the dialog "press any key to boot from cd..." please do so

4. Your computer will load a lot of stuff. When he is finished you have to choose
    "To set up Windows 2000 now, press ENTER" (in the following steps you will get the possibility to repair your current windows automatically)

5. In the next step you have to confirm the Licensing Agreement by pressing "F8"

6. The computer should search for versions of Win2000 already installed on the computer. Afterwards you can choose to repair the old Windows 2000 on your system by pressing "r"

Then Windows will copy all necessary system files to your computer. Additionally it will replace all necessary registry keys and when the installation is finished you can login to the computer.

Attention: Maybe not all third-party software installed on your system will work without problems. Perhaps you have to reinstall some of these software. But all your files located on the harddisk should be available again.

I just got a little sleep........as soon as I can function I will try this.......and report back....thanks to all who are trying to help!!
    "Toasted by hellzlittlespy born in Brasil living in America"

With method #4....could you set this up in a way that I can understand what to do. I created the floppy...it works...but I don't know what choice to pick...and then it says something in German...then just sits there flashing a prompt that cannot be typed on.......what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterW View Post
    Walker,
    There are two solutions for your problem. The first one you can find here by "Method 4":
    http://forums.spybot.info/blog.php?b=14

and the second one is described below. Please decide by yourself which variant is best for you:

An easy way to solve the problem is to use the repair installation function on your windows 2000 installation disk (you need a valid Windows 2000 key):

1. Insert the installation disk into your cd/dvd drive

2. Make sure that the boot sequence in the bios is set to "boot from cd first"

3. Start your computer and you will see the dialog "press any key to boot from cd..." please do so

4. Your computer will load a lot of stuff. When he is finished you have to choose
    "To set up Windows 2000 now, press ENTER" (in the following steps you will get the possibility to repair your current windows automatically)

5. In the next step you have to confirm the Licensing Agreement by pressing "F8"

6. The computer should search for versions of Win2000 already installed on the computer. Afterwards you can choose to repair the old Windows 2000 on your system by pressing "r"

Then Windows will copy all necessary system files to your computer. Additionally it will replace all necessary registry keys and when the installation is finished you can login to the computer.

Attention: Maybe not all third-party software installed on your system will work without problems. Perhaps you have to reinstall some of these software. But all your files located on the harddisk should be available again.

....hobbyist disk ..........ok......now at promt....a lot of German........20 reboots....a lot of clicking around....questions in German......OK..........
    Last edited by walker; 2008-07-05 at 05:03.

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    ....hobbyist disk ..........ok......now at promt....a lot of German........20 reboots....a lot of clicking around....questions in German......OK..........
    Please...Continuation of this in blog.......I don't understand what dos commands you are using..........

Quote Originally Posted by chi-va View Post
    I agree. If you have already finished a simple small boot disk which change the registry automatically, walker and everyone else with this problem should prefer the software solution.
    ....would you please take a look at the blog entries and try to help me? I cannot follow his dos sytem of naming and entry....but I think the format itself will work, as I have been able to get into safe mode using old files pulled up by a NTFS editor. The registry editor disk will work now as the "dirty" error is gone. But I need to get back to the current "bad registry" now...and change that one line with the registry editor. Two shut downs in safe mode did the trick....but again, I don not understand his method of dos entry.