Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hellzlittlespy (great work guys)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hellzlittlespy (great work guys)

You have toasted (i.e. destroyed) 100's...maybe 1,000's of people's machines. The solutions are complex and take advanced knowledge (like is the Bart CD good on Win 2000 Pro?....it looks like XP only)....it takes an advanced user to create this disk and load the three files. Thanks. Your software is worse than the baddest virus out there....complete destruction...and thanks again!! Your free software is not so free now! Would you like to come to my party and fix my computer. Yep...the best virus out there....SPYBOT

ja....unt vill die solution #3 verk mit Win 2000 Pro?

Hello,

Please have a look at this blog we have just written about this problem:
    http://forums.spybot.info/blog.php?b=14
    That should help to solve it. :-)

Best regards
    Sanra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Please have a look at this blog we have just written about this problem:
    http://forums.spybot.info/blog.php?b=14
    That should help to solve it. :-)

Best regards
    Sanra
    Team Spybot
    Yes, thank you all at Spybot (best virus in the world) for toasting my computer. I wonder if we can name a new virus...the hellzlittlespy Vers. 1.3 virus that wasn't a virus...but toasted more computers than any before? I have now spent 7 hours trying to fix the registry of my computers using all of the methods on this and other forums. Your "Solution #2" does not work. Guess what...it does not work. I burned the image onto cd and booted from that cd. Everything went as shown on the screen shots, but the registry was not changed from the one that is now defective.....due to your software...and only your software. In the beginning of trying to use the iso disk, it comes up with a statement that the computer has to be started in Safe Mode twice because no changes can be made without this. However, the computer cannot be started in Safe Mode due to your software removing the code it needs in the registry to start in Safe Mode. Why don't you screw up one of your computers.......and see that your solution does not work.....what now Sherlock?

There were problems in the include file <filename>. See ''Include errors.log'' for details.
    Does that ring a bell? Whenever you scan with an old version like 1.3, it'll tell you that it's incompatible. Unless you've decided to go to the settings page and disable this warning. Search the forum for this message and you'll see that many users do actually notice this message.

We kept the updates available for 1.3 users simply for those who were forced to keep using it e.g. because they have Windows 95 and not enough RAM for a newer version, with the understanding that they would not simply ignore the warning. We did not keep them available for people who decided to ignore both this message and the two updates available through the updater since.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

....uuugh....don't even try this........there was no "warning" at ALL......if there was, I certainly would not have just "ignored" it. Is this some kind of a sick joke to blame the victim? It's like my computer was raped...and now you want to blame me. Not Funny At ALL! I had the installed version of 1.3......I used it quite often and upgraded using the buttons on the interface. The only pop-up message was about conflicts with Adaware.....and even that message I did not disable. If you want to help, that is one thing.....but please, don't even try this blame game b.s. dude.

Default This is ridiculous!

I have to agree with Walker. Thousands of people trust Spybot to keep them safe....NOT destroy their machines. Mine is also toast. Please quit arguing over whose fault this is....IT IS NOT OURS! I really can't afford to send my computer somewhere and have it fixed. Can we move on and find a way (if there is one) to fix this.

Default Hellz Little Spy

I recently had the same experiences with Hellz Little Spy. However, I was lucky enough to find the following site: http://www.icompute.info/System_restore_from_xp_cd.htm and it gave directions for doing a system restore from Recovery. I have Windows XP and this site worked well for me. Good Luck!
    However, I still can't get Spybot to stop telling me I have Hellz Little Spy and Cool Search.

Quote Originally Posted by dalach View Post
    I recently had the same experiences with Hellz Little Spy. However, I was lucky enough to find the following site: http://www.icompute.info/System_restore_from_xp_cd.htm and it gave directions for doing a system restore from Recovery. I have Windows XP and this site worked well for me. Good Luck!
    However, I still can't get Spybot to stop telling me I have Hellz Little Spy and Cool Search.
    .....anything for win 2000 pro?

Spybot managed to disable two XP computers at us, too.

We fixed them using BartPE. Followed the instructions from here: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/peboot.htm

I think it is ridiculous that this can happen just because a user did not upgrade the software, only the definitions. I don't upgrade a software just because a new version is out. The definition ugrade process should sense the version of the software and download relevant definitions only.

The makers of Spybot should be very ashamed now.