Thread: Problem with computer after using S&D...Please Help!!!

Default Problem with computer after using S&D...Please Help!!!

Hello,

I ran Spybot tonight on my parent's computer for the first time in awhile. After updating the files (but not the software) I ran the program. After the search, it found 7 "problems." I then told it to fix all the problems, however it could only fix 5 of them because they could possibly be running. I went ahead and restarted the computer so I could get these problems taken care of. This is when the problem started. The log in screen popped up like it always does in windows when you first turn on a computer. When I clicked on the profile that I had been using S&D on, it went through the "normal" loading of the profile...except it didn't load. The desktop image comes up, and stayed there for maybe 20 seconds with nothing else happening or loading, then logs out back to the "welcome" screen. I tried clicking on the other profiles, and the same exact thing happens then too. I thought that I could possibly fix this in safe mode with a system restore, but I can not get any farther loading a profile in safe mode than I can normally. Do you have any idea what I can do to fix this problem?!?!?!

Thanks, reeder

Retired

Please have a look at this blog we have just written about this problem:
    http://forums.spybot.info/blog.php?b=14

That should help to solve it.

regards,
    Markus

Quote Originally Posted by MisterW View Post
    Please have a look at this blog we have just written about this problem:
    http://forums.spybot.info/blog.php?b=14

That should help to solve it.

regards,
    Markus
    ...why don't you have a look at the blog too??...and the comments below the blog........reeder...you are in for some pain.

Retired

It would be helpful, if you could simply answer the question. Furthermore it would be helpful if you would only post in one thread. It is really counterproductive to spread all information about the whole forum and I think no one of the team can and will help you if continue to do so

Quote Originally Posted by MisterW View Post
    It would be helpful, if you could simply answer the question. Furthermore it would be helpful if you would only post in one thread. It is really counterproductive to spread all information about the whole forum and I think no one of the team can and will help you if continue to do so
    These are all people out there starting new threads about what is going on with hellzlittlespy and the toasting of their computers. Why not put it all in one folder? There is a lot of talk,,,,you are right.....but where is the answer. As people have pointed out...even the solutions don't work...and the blog has wrong entries to the reg. boot file, even if someone could access it...which I can't.

Can you please help?

Believe me....I don't want to post....I only want my computers back.