Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stuck in Windows loop

OK.....what the ---- am I doing wrong. I've never had this kind of trouble burning a disc. My XP is ignoring this disc. I looked at it under my computer on my other machine and all that's on it is ubcd411.iso.

Quote Originally Posted by SlmJon View Post
    OK... I didn't go far enough in burning it. Give me a sec

@SlmJon

You have to burn the ISO file. Do you have a burning software which can burn Iso files? Eg. Nero or what software do you use?

I'm using Roxio Creator. It starts when I send the iso file to the CD. It goes through it's machinations then says all is ok but all I have is the iso file on there.

Quote Originally Posted by chi-va View Post
    @SlmJon

You have to burn the ISO file. Do you have a burning software which can burn Iso files? Eg. Nero or what software do you use?

Please try it this way:

1. Start the 'Record CD from CD Image' feature.
    From Easy CD Creator's File menu, select Record CD from CD Image.

2. Open the ISO image.
    In the file open dialog which appears, select the ISO file you downloaded. Click Open.

Note: You may need to select 'ISO Image Files (*.iso)' in the file type combo-box to see the ISO files on your computer.

3. Write the CD.
    Easy CD Creator's 'Record CD Setup' dialog will appear. Click Start Recording to create the CD.

The above instructions will create a CD using the default options. If you need to customize the CD writing options, please consult Easy CD Creator's documentation. Pasted from:
    http://onlinepubs.trb.org/Onlinepubs/burning_iso.html

After the burning the CD should contain many folder and files.

I'm starting to feel real stupid here. My choices are: under "copy", I can "copy a disc", "burn an image" or "save an image". I chose burn an image & now the CD has 12 folders, autorun.inf, boot.catalog & ubcd.ico. I put this in the drive for my XP & it completely ignores it & tries to boot from Windows. (I did choose boot from CD not HDD.)

Please try it this way:

1. Start the 'Record CD from CD Image' feature.
    From Easy CD Creator's File menu, select Record CD from CD Image.

2. Open the ISO image.
    In the file open dialog which appears, select the ISO file you downloaded. Click Open.

Note: You may need to select 'ISO Image Files (*.iso)' in the file type combo-box to see the ISO files on your computer.

3. Write the CD.
    Easy CD Creator's 'Record CD Setup' dialog will appear. Click Start Recording to create the CD.

The above instructions will create a CD using the default options. If you need to customize the CD writing options, please consult Easy CD Creator's documentation. Pasted from:
    http://onlinepubs.trb.org/Onlinepubs/burning_iso.html

After the burning the CD should contain many folder and files.

Also, a bunch of sub-folders.

Quote Originally Posted by SlmJon View Post
    Also, a bunch of sub-folders.
    If you go to Creator Classic, then on the left you will see "Burn From Dics Image File". At least on Roxio Easy Media Creator 7...I just burned it this way and there are 9 folders on the CD......I've gotten this far......

Thanks - I can't find anything close to copying an iso file except "burn an image". That did give me 12 folders with a bunch of subfolders but I don't seem to have an executable in the root that works right.

Quote Originally Posted by rvnmaniac View Post
    If you go to Creator Classic, then on the left you will see "Burn From Dics Image File". At least on Roxio Easy Media Creator 7...I just burned it this way and there are 9 folders on the CD......I've gotten this far......

@SlmJon
    The new Boot CD should be OK. The reason why it don't work is probably your bootloader. Remember the other software can't even find your Windows system. We have to change the boot sequence in the bios manually. I'm looking for a website with some screenshots.

I can go in to setup as it's starting to boot & change the boot order. Will that work?

@SlmJon
    The new Boot CD should be OK. The reason why it don't work is probably your bootloader. Remember the other software can't even find your Windows system. We have to change the boot sequence in the bios manually. I'm looking for a website with some screenshots.