Thread: teatimer resident size too large?

Default teatimer resident size too large?

In poking around after system developed problems (slowdown, temporary lockups, applications will stop running then start again, as noted in task mgr), I noticed in task manager processes that teatimer.exe is running between 33000k to 44000k. I don't remember it being this large in residence, is this too large?

Any ideas how to trouble shoot the slowdowns and lockups?

Sidebar:
    Zonealarm free, spybot S&D, spywareblaster, and AVG 7.5 free
    I recently upgraded to AVG 8 free, didnt' like, and went back to AVG 7.5, and
    recently started using Sea Monkey instead of Netscape 7.2
    Regular spybot and AVG scans show no problems.

This is normal for TeaTimer to be running around 30-40MB of RAM during computer usage. Spybot-SD 1.6, released on Monday July 7th, will be much simpler and ease of use and will use less memory.

ZA Free & Spybot-SD shouldn't be a problem as they can both co-exist, so it's fine. SpywareBlaster does not run as a task nor does it run in the background. It sets "killbits" in your computer, so it's more like a preventive measure against those annoying ads and "colorful" misleading, , banners on some sites.

If you would like more information on how Spybot-SD protects against malware, see: How Spybot-SD protects against the installation of Spyware/Malware.

However, I've seen some problems... well maybe some "thorn on your side" with AVG. I quit using AVG 8 because it was using 50MB of RAM when idle. And with that combined with TeaTimer on 512MB of RAM, my cooling fan is constantly on. Which I can say is a thorn on my side.

I heard that AVG 7.5 support will end on June 31st, although I'm not sure. I would suggest you upgrade to 8.0 as it includes Spyware scanning and protection too. LinkScanner Lite as a bonus.

Thank you.

Teatimer is one less thing to worry about now!

I had read on some forums that AVG 7.5 would be maintained thru 12/31/08, but that's hearsay.

AVG 8 and now Counterspy no longer support Win 98/ME
    I switched to Avast
    still with Spybot

@rider, correction. AVG 7.5 support for legacy OS's will be until August 2008.

AVG 8.0 does NOT support legacy OS's.

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index...event_id=47470
    --