Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Windows login bug - use S&D backups?

Hooray! My old drive is now accessible via Windows login, so everything is back to normal :D

Thanks very much indeed for your help chi-va!

I have to bump this thread again as the bug has reappeared on a friend's PC. I now have an XP machine and tried to fix his problem by slaving his Win2K hard drive to my machine. Unfortunately it didn't work. Should I instead try to fix his drive using a PC with Win2k? I still have my old Win2k PC and could slave his drive to it.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

functio:

I would like to suggest that you consider starting a new thread with your current problem since this thread is over six months old since it is hard to follow exactly what is meant by "... the bug has reappeared on a friend's PC ..." without trying to re-analyze the thirty one (31) posts that proceed your current post.

Please note: If your post is not directly related to Spybot, the new thread should probably be started in the Tavern forum.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.