Thread: Immunization not occurring subsequent to update download

Default Immunization not occurring subsequent to update download

Hi,

A couple of Wednesdays ago, I performed the update and the download was problem-free.

Upon going to the "immunization" screen...i performed the immunization & all the protection downloaded except for 191 items.

I performed the immunization again with no further resolution.

The subsequent updates, as of yet, have provided no fix.

If I can be of any further assistance with this problem, please let me know.

Thank You

Providing more information will sure help provide a resolution .

What is your OS?

What version is Spybot-SD (HELP>ABOUT)?

Do you happen to be using Webroot's SpySweeper or ZoneAlarm Firewall?

Have you attempted to undo the Immunization and redoing it again?

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Providing more information will sure help provide a resolution .

What is your OS?

Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1 Service Pack 3

What version is Spybot-SD (HELP>ABOUT)?
    SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.5.2.20

Do you happen to be using Webroot's SpySweeper or ZoneAlarm Firewall?
    ZoneAlarm version 7.0.470.000

Have you attempted to undo the Immunization and redoing it again?
    I am presently looking at "Help" topics to learn how to "undo" the immunization

Thank you for your assistance

Lightbulb

Your firewall is out of date, the current Version of Zone Alarm For 2000/XP is 7.0.473.0

To undo the Immmunization press the "Undo" button in the Immunization screen.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

To add to that, undo and redo the immunization. Have you upgraded to v.1.6, yet? It was released today.

Like Terminator said, your ZA is dated. Just one version behind the most recent one (7.0.473.000).

Are you locking down the HOSTS file (option) using ZA?

Smile

kahlmyishmael, drragostea, Terminator

The problem in this instance is not related to the hosts file or whether it is being locked by Zone Alarm. kahlmyishmael in his first post said that only 191 immunisations were not being applied, which happens to be the number of immunisations that relate to cookies.

If you look at the immunisation screen, what specific item does the 191 show against, and in what group. Can you also tell us what browser you are using and if it is Firefox 3, you need to upgrade to the current 1.6.0.30 version of Spybot.

Before installing the new version, please un-immunise all items, turn off the resident browser helper and Teatimer, then uninstall the older version. Once the uninstall has finished and the PC has rebooted, delete the Spybot - Search & Destroy folder found in C:\Documents & Settings\All users\Application data\, and the Spybot folder in C:\Program Files\.

When installing the new version, read the options and leave getting the updates until after the program has installed, otherwise you may have problems with Zone Alarm permission.

Please post back and let us know whether this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Your firewall is out of date, the current Version of Zone Alarm For 2000/XP is 7.0.473.0

To undo the Immmunization press the "Undo" button in the Immunization screen.
    Thank you for the information..I did not know there was a later version of Zone Alarm either

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    To add to that, undo and redo the immunization. Have you upgraded to v.1.6, yet? It was released today.

Like Terminator said, your ZA is dated. Just one version behind the most recent one (7.0.473.000).

I just succesfully downloaded Spybot S&D 1.6... thank you

I will upgrade the Zone Alarm to the latest implementation immediately

Are you locking down the HOSTS file (option) using ZA?
    An accurate answer to that question is beyond my current state of computer/software expertise.

I will examine the ZA options, attempt to intuit which of those options you are referring to & post in this forum when I have done the deed.

Again...thanks to all for your assistance & timely, well-reasoned replies

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    kahlmyishmael, drragostea, Terminator

The problem in this instance is not related to the hosts file or whether it is being locked by Zone Alarm. kahlmyishmael in his first post said that only 191 immunisations were not being applied, which happens to be the number of immunisations that relate to cookies.

If you look at the immunisation screen, what specific item does the 191 show against, and in what group. Can you also tell us what browser you are using and if it is Firefox 3, you need to upgrade to the current 1.6.0.30 version of Spybot.

Before installing the new version, please un-immunise all items, turn off the resident browser helper and Teatimer, then uninstall the older version. Once the uninstall has finished and the PC has rebooted, delete the Spybot - Search & Destroy folder found in C:\Documents & Settings\All users\Application data\, and the Spybot folder in C:\Program Files\.

When installing the new version, read the options and leave getting the updates until after the program has installed, otherwise you may have problems with Zone Alarm permission.

Please post back and let us know whether this helps
    I have upgraded to Spybot 1.6 & the problem has vanished... Thank you, GreyFox

You'll have to download 7.0.473.000 manually, because I think there's a problem with users using 7.0.470.000 with ZA telling them that they have the latest updates.

@Greyfox, Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20 recognizes Firefox 3 and is able to immunize it. However, it takes some time. As far as I know, v.1.5.2.20 cannot immunize Opera 9.5x.

@kal, I'm not using ZA at the moment as I have it uninstalled. It should be under the 'Firewall' tab. It's the place where you set 'High>Medium>Low'.

Edit: I was replying at 17:56. I was 11 minutes late.

If all is well, then it's fine.
    Last edited by drragostea; 2008-07-10 at 00:08.