Thread: Help With Uninstallation of Spysweeper

Default Help With Uninstallation of Spysweeper

Hi, i was just wondering if i could get some advice in removing an old version of Spysweeper off my system, i attempted to get rid of it through the control panel via Add/Remove Programs, also through the Uninstall Option of spysweeper, but i still keep getting the same message again and again

Unable to create a temporary file. Setup aborted
    Error 5. Access is denied
    and this prevents it's uninstallation, could someone please help?

What is your OS?

What Anti-spyware programs do you have on your computer?

Have you attempted to uninstall via ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS window?

Ummm sorry im not really a computer buff, so im not sure what you mean by OS....

I have the free AVG 8.0 in conjunction with Comodo Firewall, i also have Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard with Spybot (but ive disabled the tea timer)

And the answer to your third question is yes, unsucessfully

OS is an acronym for Operating System. By this I mean Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, etc.

I'm assuming you're running Windows XP (my best guess) because you are using AVG 8.0.

SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard will not conflict so we can rule them out.

As for Comodo Pro, set it to Installation Mode during uninstall.

Hm. Can you boot in SAFE MODE and see if it works. You do this by tapping F8 repeatedly until the BOOT in SAFE MODE shows up as an option.

Hi!!! I just want to say thanks to you drragostea, it worked in safe mode, lol, thank you sooooooooooooooo much!

I have one more question if you don't mind, concerning AVG 8.0 if you would care to answer it please?

I have AVG 8.0 but since the last week ive seen that when it updates itself it asks for a restart for the update to go through, which i grant, but then once the computer has been rebooted and AVG is also reloaded it does the same thing again and asks for another restart, so i grant it again and it keeps doing this again and again no matter how many time i let it reboot and restart on the one day, and then i'll get tired and repeat the process again the next day, the updates aren't seeming to be stopping.....
    Last edited by shandyleer; 2008-07-11 at 02:06.

Sure...

A loop?

I usually use this site to keep track of major updates and daily definitions: Calender of Updates.

I'm a ex-AVG user because AVG was taking so much of the computer resources, I eventually had to kick it out. I recall that it was "avgrsx.exe" that was using around 50MB of RAM idle or not.

I'm not sure what may be wrong... although I'm not sure if a complete uninstall will do... I was thinking about completely removing it (along with the registry keys) and reboot.