Thread: SD 1.6.0 Now Slow To Load

Default SD 1.6.0 Now Slow To Load

A few days ago I had to reformat my hard drive due to accumulated problems, not malware. Boot time went from 10 minutes to 2.5 minutes, etc. I also downloaded and installed SD 1.6.0, and all was well, fast boots, and fast loading of SD from the desktop shortcut, fast access to the download menu, etc. But today the system booted slowly, about 5 minutes, no Teatimer in tray, but it came up last, about 20-30 seconds later. When I double clicked the desktop shortcut there was no apparent response for over two minutes, then the "loading" box showed, more minutes, then I got the normal SD start page. When I went to update, there was also a noticeable delay in getting to the update box, and the mirrors. Yesterday evening I noticed that I could not get the SD program to run, either; it finally opened, but then I shut it down. Today I removed SD with Windows add/remove, then reinstalled a fresh copy, and updated. Again, it is still slow. Can you make any recommendations on how to get the normal speed back?

Default Closeout

Consider this closed for me. I had to do another reformat, reload windows, updates, apps, etc, over the weekend. I did not re-install SD 1.6.0; somehow it was causing problems for me. Previous versions did not. I have only Norton Internet Security 2008 and AVG Antispy 7.5.1.43. So far everything works, all my data files are not back up, and I can get to something else than computer problems!