Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TeaTimer 99% CPU Utilization if Exited and Restarted (v1.6.0.30)

I only......
    notice high spikes that occur for a very short time but then they go down again. For some reason you and 2 other people are experiencing this issue where it stays that way. Did you perhaps upgrade without uninstalling the older spybot first? just wondering.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

After logging on my system the initial loading and setup of TeaTimer.exe (1.6.0.20) is taking approximately 2 minutes and 43 seconds of CPU time on my 2.40GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor before settling down. That does seem like an extreme amount of CPU time and seems more that I witness in the past with other versions. I believe that cause of this amount of CPU utilization warrants looking into.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    ... I believe that cause of this amount of CPU utilization warrants looking into.
    Yes md usa spybot fan, I agree with you. I'm surprised that there has been no comment to date on this thread from any of the Spybot Team

Default well he

is sorta part of the team. He is an advisor So i am sure he will let them know about it.

MD
    does this two Minuit drill happen every time or just once after updates or re-immunization

Counterspy takes even longer after an update
    it must be loading registry entries for real time protection or something
    hopefully doing useful work and not just "timing out"

there may be trade offs between "always resident" -load at start up ( and take up memory all the time)
    and "load what we need on first use"

It will be interesting to see what the bottom line is here

I'm hoping well thought out trade-offs not bugs

wyrmrider:

I just terminated TeaTimer.exe and restarted it. When it restarted it ran 98% CPU Utilization most of the time, periodically dropping to 97%, 95% and a couple of times as low as 92%. Before the CPU Utilization dropped to 0% and TeaTimer.exe started its normal wake up and check routine it took 2 minutes and 51 seconds of CPU time.

So to answer your question, it is not just after updates, etc. It seems like it happens every time TeaTimer.exe starts.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Lightbulb What is odd

is it does not do that for me........I am unable to have it do that using the same technique....for me it only does it when updating and occasionally it does for 40 seconds take 100% of my cpu. But then it works correctly and goes back to normal when i browse the Internet. And it only happens once a day. But for me it does not take 2 minutes and 51 seconds like it did for md spybot fan. But i agree, there is something still not right with teatimer memory and cpu usage.
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-07-15 at 07:27.

129260:

That's 2 minutes and 51 seconds of CPU time so the elapsed time is longer.

It was a steady 60-70% cpu for me, always, until I just disabled it.

See the following thread: