Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update file corrupted says Spybot alert.

@nagan, you could have continued the thread right here. No need to start a new one.

--
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html
    --

You can find the fix here. Do you have Spybot-SD already installed?

OK.Did the uninstall,fixed and reinstalled.Still the CPU usage at start is above 50%.It remains for a minute or so.Even the "search for updates" seems to hang during that time.After a minute it is normal.Did not observe the same behaviour in 1.5.There needs to be something done esp on the CPU spike part.

Smile

nagan,

The teatimer CPU use in version 1.6.0.30 has been raised before and I think in more than one thread, however it is certainly covered in
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30651.

There has also been mention of the memory usage growing over time when the computer is running for many hours.

I'm sure that at some stage one of the Spybot team will pick up on the issues raised and give some definitive answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    nagan,

The teatimer CPU use in version 1.6.0.30 has been raised before and I think in more than one thread, however it is certainly covered in
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30651.

There has also been mention of the memory usage growing over time when the computer is running for many hours.

I'm sure that at some stage one of the Spybot team will pick up on the issues raised and give some definitive answers.
    Exact problem even during beta??

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nagan View Post
    Exact problem even during beta??
    nagan,

I don't know, I didn't run any of the beta releases for 1.6 as I was trialling a beta version of some other software and I don't like to have two beta products on the go at once, however all of the posts in the thread I referred you to were about the final release version 1.6.0.30

Getting a bit restless here.After being so long with 1.5 and without any major problems,this high cpu usage of 1.6 seems to have no clue.Any devolopers please reply the reasons of this behaviour or if it needs to be corrected please say so.Thanks.

Sorry for the bump! But can't somebody explain on the phenomenon of high CPU usage at the beginning.Would like to know the reasons or conflicts with other programs that is causing the problem?I wan't to use Spybot ,not keep it aside.