Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spybot 1.6 questions

Hi,

I think I should clarify. I don't know how to make changes to the registry. I know absolutely nothing about what has to be done here. I'm looking for step-by-step instructions. My apologies if this is a problem, but I don't want to do anything to put my system in jeopardy.

Maybe it would be better if I just uninstalled and reinstalled SS&D altogether. I don't have the knowledge or experience to make registry changes. But I would like to know how to make the registry change if someone has the patience to explain it thoroughly.

Thanks.

ajk1962f

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

ajk1962f:

To disable the "Scan using Spybot-Search&Destroy" context menu feature:
    • Download the Enable+Disable Spybot-S&D Context Menu Entry.zip file. The zip file The zip file contains the following files:
      • Disable Spybot-S&D Context Menu Entry.reg
      • Enable Spybot-S&D Context Menu Entry.reg
    • Unzip (extract) the contents of the file to a known location.
    • Double click on the extracted "Disable Spybot-S&D Context Menu Entry.reg" file.
    • Answer "Yes" then "OK".

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Question

Should we (my husband and I) still be receiving notations when a new post is posted to our original post?
    I think other people have added their questions to pir original post rather than starting another thread. Or maybe I am mistaken.
    Thank you.

Alice

(My husband also uses tiger2 to post.)
    Last edited by alicez; 2008-12-16 at 00:46.

If you are subscribed to a thread, you can see if it updated or not with new posts in your Control Panel.

What thread are you awaiting answers for (link too)?

Default Thanks

Just looked in our mail box and notice a update to this thread by "md usa spybot fan."

I believe as far as I and my husband (he is not here at moment) are concerned, we are finished with this thread. Just a bit confusing.

Thanks,

Alice

Quote Originally Posted by alicez View Post
    I think other people have added their questions to pir original post rather than starting another thread. Or maybe I am mistaken.
    If the thread title is in bold then it means that it is updated with new posts.

Are you saying you have a unresolved query?

Default Thanks

No, we are not awaiting an answer. That is why it was a bit confusing that we were receiving an email stating there was another post.
    I thought my husband asked a question and he received an answer and that was that. I was trying to determine what the latest post was referring to. Believe it was referring to a question asked by someone else.

Alice

Well, there's an option in your control panel that enables you to receive email notifications of each new update. You can always disable that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0 Voltage View Post
    I've attached a ZIP file with two REG files you can merge to turn it on and off easily. Don't even need to reboot when doing either.
    Thank you! It worked like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by alicez View Post
    Just looked in our mail box and notice a update to this thread by "md usa spybot fan."

I believe as far as I and my husband (he is not here at moment) are concerned, we are finished with this thread. Just a bit confusing.

Thanks,

Alice
    While you are in this thread, scroll up to the top. Under Thread Tools, select "Unsubscribe to this thread". Then, you'll no longer receive emails on each new post to this thread only.