Been a regular and paid user of Spybot for years...recently having more problems with my PC running Win XPPro, 1GB ram, 3.0 AMD processor so I shouldn't be slow. When I get slow I use the Task Manager to check processes and there is one called wow.exe which doesn't indicate that is is consuming resources but my CPU use function is maxed out or close to max. when I shut it off seems like things are OK...web search wasn't clear whether this is a problem or something that should be there... Does anyone know? Search on this site didn't get me anywhere so I thought I'd post
Last edited by tashi; 2006-03-18 at 17:56.
Reason: Moved from Malware removal forum
Member of Team Spybot
Could be a World of Warcraft process, also see here:
If you would like someone to take a look at the system.
- Open SpyBot, check for and get any updates available.
- Close all browsers, check for problems and fix everything found in red
- Then on the toolbar menu select mode and switch to advanced mode, on the left lower down select tools, and view report, ensure all the options are selected near the bottom except
- Uncheck[ ] do not report disabled or known legitimate Items.
- uncheck[ ] Include a list of services in report.
- Uncheck[ ] Include uninstall list in report.
- Now select (near the top) view report.
- Press export in the save in box choose a place such as your my documents folder, then in your next post near the bottom select the "browse" button; navigate to and attach or post that report.
Otherwise follow the instructions here:
Before you post a log, and who will advise you.
Start a topic in the malware forum providing a HJT log.
Hi. New here. I just had a similar experience but without the processor use. I have NEVER had World of Warcraft on this machine ever. Whatever it is, it's new, And the process has a space in front of it's name. It was too weird for me to allow to continue, so I killed it before it could do anything more than whatever it was doing.
Originally Posted by artsalfa
"I am learning just like everyone else"
Custom built PC. Windows 7 pro x64 16GB Ram
AMD FX 8 core 8350 Black edition
SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0
Asus HD 7870 2GB GDDR5
i have the same spaced " wow.exe" with no usage info
Originally Posted by Safe_Hex
rootalyze shows no hidden proc's
and im doing a fresh install of windows having all kinds of memory fault isues
i think those are due to my closing down pctools firewall and pctools viruscanner during the updates process? faults dont happen untill i do this so ?
anyway back to the " wow.exe" wth iv never seen this nor had world of warcraft installed on this system ever is it part of the new microsoft batch updating proceses? aka wud batching?