Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Went from 1.5.2 to 1.6.0. and returning back to 1.5.2

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    then you maybe can try one of these, superantispyware, ad-aware, a-squared, malwarebytes antimalware, and then you have boclean and winpatrol, boclean detects only malicious processes i think but doesnt really scan your filesystem. and winpatrol is a little bit like teatimer but they are different. almost none of them has so much tools like spybot. superantispyware, ad-aware, a-squared and malwarebytes antimalware doesnt have realtime protection other than if you pay for them. spywareterminator is also one, but i dont know if it really is thrustworthy but it has realtimeprotection. a-squared was the only one that detected the low risk called cmdow when i tested them, i dont know if the others have it in their detection list. they all detects things that the others miss i think. there is more programs to choose from too wich have realtime protection but some of them is more advanced than they i mentioned here, some of them is called hips and behavior blockers wich blocks programs and things on your computer that has bad behavior but is undetected by the normal scanners.
    @blues, refrain from giving Malware solutions. .

at some time there will be no more updates to spybot 1.5 but it is your choice.
    I would strongly disagree. I think you meant... program updates not detection updates. Detection updates would be the ones we get every week which adds to Spybot's scanning database and immunization.

blues, don't you think it's a bit too much?

I mean all the malware solutions. Keeping two or three will be enough for my arsenal.

BOCLEAN would be your malware watchdog. WinPatrol would be your system watchdog. Same goes for TeaTimer.

Spybot-Search&Destroy would be for daily or weekly use.
    SAS would be for heavily infected computers. Or just infected.
    Same goes for MBAM.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    @blues, refrain from giving Malware solutions. .

I would strongly disagree. I think you meant... program updates not detection updates. Detection updates would be the ones we get every week which adds to Spybot's scanning database and immunization.

blues, don't you think it's a bit too much?

I mean all the malware solutions. Keeping two or three will be enough for my arsenal.

BOCLEAN would be your malware watchdog. WinPatrol would be your system watchdog. Same goes for TeaTimer.

Spybot-Search&Destroy would be for daily or weekly use.
    SAS would be for heavily infected computers. Or just infected.
    Same goes for MBAM.
    i have NOT given Malware solutions, where do you get that from? it was just examples so it was different programs to coose from. sas and mbam? they dont find EVERY infection either so that is false, they are not better than the others but most of the antispywares finds different things, where have you heard that they are just for infected computers? and i dont use anymore than two antispyware scanners either it was just EXAMPLES of choices. dont think you knows better than others about all this. i actually knows people that dont care to have antispywares.

i have NOT given Malware solutions, where do you get that from? it was just examples so it was different programs to coose from. sas and mbam? they dont find EVERY infection either so that is false, they are not better than the others but most of the antispywares finds different things, where have you heard that they are just for infected computers? and i dont use anymore than two antispyware scanners either it was just EXAMPLES of choices. dont think you knows better than others about all this. i actually knows people that dont care to have antispywares.
    And yes, I do know more than you. Just depends on what topics.

You, blues, are running in a circle.

Providing malware solutions is too like say:
    "Hey, why don't you use this or that? It removed SmitFraud and Virtuemonde from my computer!"

Now I rethought about it... you weren't really providing solutions. Just suggestions.

SAS and MBAM find specific infections. SAS covers a large range of infections. Just like other programs like AdAware, SpywareDoctor, etc.

I heard of it in the Malware Forums!

Next time correct your grammer before posting.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Wow. You're telling a person from Norway to correct their "grammer"?

If English is blues' second language, you need to apologize for your rudeness.

And, if English is your first language, then you should correct your spelling before posting.... the word is grammar.

you dont OWN this forum, and you are not a moderator. you can maybe try to speak/write in Norwegian to see how it goes. you have a different attitude to me than to the others in this forum. there is something strange going on. you jump in to other threads and correct me all the time, you are just giving criticism. i know more than you in some topics too. you may call me childish now, but i dont care, i am not a child anymore.

you dont need to reply to me either anymore.

Arrow

I apologize for my rudeness. To both of you, blues and ChalupaPatrol. We all make mistakes.

I'll correct my behavior. Just need some time to rethink.

You have my apologies blues. Please accept it.

Question

Back to the thread topic.

I wonder if Lenmaer cares to post back about his/her problem, which was...

Quote Originally Posted by Lenmaer View Post
    when teatimer is activated, everytime I click to browse another page, my CPU load jump to nearly 100 % and ie7 (associated with ie7pro) freezes for 10/15 seconds before showing the page.
    This never happend with spybot 1.5.2.

Exclamation

Hello to all, I have a PC with XP Professional with XP3, I recently updated spybot from 1.5.2.2 to 1.60 and the system is significantly slowed.
    In particular with IE 7 every time I try to open a new page IE take the cpu to 100% for several seconds blocking the system and the same thing always happens with IE when trying to open a new window.
    Even in exploring resources every time I try to open any folder the system hangs for several seconds.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled spybot 1.60 version 1.52 and everything is back to work regularly.

Sorry but none gives me a real answer.
    I did a full uninstall of 1.5.2 with a registry clean after that then a reboot before installing 1.6.0.
    And teatimer doesn't use lots of memory, but lots of process that freezes ie7 for nearly 10 to 20 seconds everytime I load a new page, and so does he also if I open a new tab.