Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Went from 1.5.2 to 1.6.0. and returning back to 1.5.2

Default You might be infected

by something. Did you scan with all your security software to make sure you have no threats? If your computer continues to act weird, i would post in the malware removal forums.

My computer doesn't act weird, it's only the new teatimer which is buggy, and no I don't have any malware, I do a full malware and antivirus scan once a day and a rootkit scan once a week.
    I went back to the old version 1.5.2, and now everything works again like a charm.
    Last edited by Lenmaer; 2008-07-14 at 02:14.

Default hmmm.....

That IS odd.......weird.....I hope a team member can figure this out.....

Default but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lenmaer View Post
    Sorry but none gives me a real answer.
    I did a full uninstall of 1.5.2 with a registry clean after that then a reboot before installing 1.6.0.
    And teatimer doesn't use lots of memory, but lots of process that freezes ie7 for nearly 10 to 20 seconds everytime I load a new page, and so does he also if I open a new tab.
    Teatimer only uses one process.......not many

Quote Originally Posted by 129260 View Post
    Teatimer only uses one process.......not many
    Yes but it goes to 100 % everytime, sorry it's my fault, as I'm french my english is not that good.
    Last edited by Lenmaer; 2008-07-14 at 02:25.

Default even

if exiting teatimer (turning it off) then turning it back on?

Also have you ever tried completely removing spybot and then installing the latest version?

completely as in following ALL directions on this site and then reinstalling:

http://www.spybot.info/en/howto/uninstall.html

Quote Originally Posted by 129260 View Post
    if exiting teatimer (turning it off) then turning it back on?

Also have you ever tried completely removing spybot and then installing the latest version?

completely as in following ALL directions on this site and then reinstalling:

http://www.spybot.info/en/howto/uninstall.html
    Yes I did and also deleted all remaining folders after the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenmaer View Post
    I did a full uninstall of 1.5.2 with a registry clean after that then a reboot before installing 1.6.0.
    And teatimer doesn't use lots of memory, but lots of process that freezes ie7 for nearly 10 to 20 seconds everytime I load a new page, and so does he also if I open a new tab.

Default wow

Sorry i missed that.......Well i can honestly say i am stumped.

Yes me too, if there could be a way to use the old teatimer with spybot 1.6.0 that would be great.

XPSP2 P4 2.8
    Never really had an occasion to post here until now.

Have had the same CPU spikes as everyone else. Explorer had slowed as well as IE. That surprised me as no one had mentioned it yet.

I rolled back to 1.5.2.20 and now everything seems back to normal. Except, I uninstalled before realizing I needed to do more than "Add/Remove". Didn't find the full uninstall procedure tut+fix until later. Stupid.

S&D "about" reads 1.5.2.20 but the "about" from the systray still says 1.6.0.20. Am I alright with this?