Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Spybot 1.6 suggestion(s)

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Default Post Spybot 1.6 suggestion(s)

Post Spybot 1.6 suggestion:

Shouldn't the following "FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions" be reviewed and possibly updated?
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-07-11 at 17:15.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default i agree with spybot fan

there are many many places where articles and FAQ are not even updated!!

Default Problem with user profiles with 1.6.0 update

I've never posted anything in spybot before so I'm not sure if I'm in the right place, but I need some help. I just loaded the 1.6.0 update on my pc with windows xp. Now when my wife tries to log on the computer, it says it can't locate her profile so it creates a new profile and all of her outlook info is lost.

Hello,

Would have been the best if you made your own thread.
    First of all, Starting a new thread in our forums is quite easy.
    Just choose the forum you want to post at (e.g. the Spybot-S&D forum
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
    There you will find the button "New Thread" above the list of the existing threads.

Anyway.....
    During the scan you can not access other user accounts.
    After finishing the scan, please close Spybot completely and reboot your computer.
    Then you will have access to your user accounts again.
    Otherwise this link should help.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

spybotsandra:

Your response appears to be addressed to helpseeker with an innuendo that they hijacked the thread.

Perhaps you could be kind enough to respond to or alert someone else on "Team Spybot" to the suggestion in post #1 by the thread's originator (me).

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    Post Spybot 1.6 suggestion:

Shouldn't the following "FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions" be reviewed and possibly updated?
    Just a note: If you check FAQ in Spybot-S&D Help File, some FAQs are skipped (don't exist) like this:
    FAQ #12:...
    FAQ #13:...
    FAQ #15:...

Where is FAQ #14 !?

Lightbulb Also.....

I have suggestions on how we can improve program updates:
    I already made a new thread, but i thought i would add it here so no one can miss it.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=32318

129260:
    Tom.K:

I feel that my thread was hijacked (actually twice and maybe three times now).

Please exhibit a little forum etiquette.

I started this thread a month ago. Although it was a minor issue, it appeared that several posters in other threads had expressed an interest in getting FAQ #43 that I referenced updated.

Immediately 129260 posted "i agree with spybot fan …" which in my opinion, did nothing more than increase the reply count from zero (0) to one (1), significantly reducing the chances that someone from "Team Spybot" would recognize that there was an outstanding issue and answer the query.

Now a mouth later, when someone else seemed to have hijacked the thread with a seemingly unrelated problem, finally someone from "Team Spybot" (spybotsandra) responded to the thread.

Unfortunately, only the hijacker's concern were addressed by spybotsandra and my original concern still goes unaddressed.

In an attempt to revive my original concern, I addressed a post directly to (spybotsandra), hopping that because she (as the last poster in the thread) may now be following the thread, I asked her to address my original query.

Instead of that happening Tom.K posts a totally unrelated query about missing FAQ numbers that has absolutely nothing to do with the possibility of updating (FAQ #43) that several users queried about.

Then 129260 posts a reference a new (thread suggestion about spybot's upgrade procedure) in this thread that seems to have absolutely nothing to do with the updating of FAQ #43 that I started this thread for.

So where does that all leave me with my original query???

Tom.K:

You recently started a thread (Safer Networking Forums - Creating "Rules" and "Polls" forum):

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.K View Post
    I have a suggestion. Can you create a forum named "Rules" which contains all threads which contain all rules of this forum, …
    Perhaps you and 129260 would like to collaborate and start a thread on "Forum Etiquette" in the Tavern forum.

Rather than "rules" maybe we could all share our thoughts on developing a set of guidelines for responding to threads in the Safer Networking Forums so that nobody is abusing other posters, in particular the thread's originator.

For example we could create guidelines that suggested that users posting the forum not:
    • Hijack.
    • Double post (sometimes called "Shotgun Posting").
    • Bump threads.
    • Etc.

Lightbulb ouch sorry...

i just saw the title post 1.6 suggestions, and even though i read what you said, i thought this was a thread to post suggestions for the spybot latest version.......I am really sorry md spybot fan. Was not my intention.......I'll stop now. Maybe this can be locked and you can create a new thread.....

md usa spybot fan,

I left a note for Team about the faqs on the Home Site with a link to your queries.

Thanks.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016