Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spybot Entry in Recycle Bin Menu

Default Spybot Entry in Recycle Bin Menu

I am running Spybot S&D 1.6.0.30 on an XP Pro SP3 system. After installing 1.6.0.30, I noticed that when I right-click on the Recycle bin, an entry appears as follows: "Scan using Spybot-Search&Destroy".

How do I eliminate that entry?

Technically, the only way to remove it is to uncheck it during installation (for now). Read the thread.
    --
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30716

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Technically, the only way to remove it is to uncheck it during installation (for now).
    Okay. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the package opting to forgo the right-click clutter. Thanks for the resolution.

Glad to be of help.

to SaferNetworking Forums.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rjemery View Post
    Okay. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the package opting to forgo the right-click clutter. Thanks for the resolution.

rjemery,

I'm curious. Why go to that bother to remove the feature from all right click menus. I agree it is most unlikely to be used from a right click on the recycle bin, but it might come in handy at some stage from file Explorer. Why not leave it there and just not use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    I'm curious. Why go to that bother to remove the feature from all right click menus. I agree it is most unlikely to be used from a right click on the recycle bin, but it might come in handy at some stage from file Explorer. Why not leave it there and just not use it?
    I have no pressing need for that option. Too many applications automatically put too much into such right-click menus, and those menus rapidly become cluttered with choices I rarely if ever use. I like to keep things clean and simple. Besides, if I really did need that option, I'm sure there are other ways of invoking it.

Smile

rjemery,

OK thanks for the answer, as I said, I was just curious.

You might be interested in this:-

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...98&postcount=9
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2008-07-12 at 16:14.

Default Not In my right-click menu

If the thread is still active,I would like to have the right-click option but I do not.
    I also downloaded spybot without teatimer.
    Is that why its not in my right-click context menu?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by normanishmael View Post
    If the thread is still active,I would like to have the right-click option but I do not.
    Play it safe. First uninstall Spybot 1.6. Then re-install 1.6. Choose Custom Installation. Enable "Separate Secure Shredder Application" and/or "Explorer file scan plugin (in the context menu)".
    I also downloaded spybot without teatimer.
    Is that why its not in my right-click context menu?
    thanks
    Not very likely. I normally download with Tea Timer but disable that option along with SDHelper during the install. I would suggest you download anew with Tea Timer, and use that new install file for your re-install, enabling or disabling Tea Timer/SDHelper as you see fit. That way you would have the all the bells and whistles at your disposal.
    Last edited by rjemery; 2008-07-12 at 17:17.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

rjemery:

During the installation of Spybot when you "Select Additional Tasks", even if you uncheck these items:
    • Use Internet Explorer protection (SDHelper)
    • Use system settings protection (TeaTimer)

You can activate them later by going into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident and then under the heading "Resident protection status" checking one or both of these items:
    • Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker) active.
    • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.