Thread: Windows Security Center - Spybot Out of date?

Default Windows Security Center - Spybot Out of date?

No big dramas on this one, but I have just run Spybot (1.6.0) on my system (Vista x64) which gave my system a green light. However I notice in Windows Security Center that it is complaining that Spybot is Out of date. Which it isn't, as I checked for updates before running the sweep.

Is there something amiss somewhere?

Exclamation When did

you first experience this problem? Also, you can just ignore the warning as long as you know you have it up to date. Otherwise, i really do not know why it is telling you it is out of date. Maybe a team member can offer a better solution.

I've just clean installed Ultimate x64 and only noticed it because I was reconfiguring things. It may have been there with my previous Home Premium x86 install but I hadn't noticed it.

I'm not too concerned because I know it's all up-to-date, but I thought I'd mention it anyway as I have just come across it, and I guess this ought to be reported correctly in WSC.

Also, the Update button remains grayed out when I select the "out of date" Spybot in WSC.

Default hmm

Where did you download spybot from? The official site? And then did you try completely removing spybot and reinstalling the latest version? That might solve the problem.

Note: complete removal means following all directions here:

http://www.spybot.info/en/howto/uninstall.html