You know, all these posts remind me of the time earlier in the month when I decided to finally take the plunge to AVG 8, because AVG 7.5 was no more being updated. Both AVG 7.5 and Spybot 1.5.2 were awesome software, and they were probably the best free security softwares out there, along with Comodo or Zone Alarm Firewall. But with many users reporting bitterly about the Linkscanner issue grinding their system to a halt, and new features in AVG 8, which few people wanted, like the toolbar and such ... it's like taking perfectly good pieces of software and deliberately sabotaging them.

Now if you don't pay attention during the install of Spybot 1.6, it installs an Explorer extension (see this thread http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30678 ) and the SDHelper thingy makes your browsing experience extremely frustrating. And those Info Balloons, which keeps popping up every 5 secs...well nevermind. You can disable them atleast. Alright so anyhoo, I just went back to Spybot 1.5.2. And I got rid of AVG 8 completely and installed NOD32.