Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spybot 1.6 causes massive IE7 slowdown

Lightbulb

I've done further Experimentation and the Google Toolbar is the icing on the cake. The real underlying cause is the Java Plug-in, the Google toolbar just exacerbates the problem.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I did not update to the new version 6 Java due to a few reported problems - and I have not experienced any slowdown issues from the older version 5 Java runtime. It might be interesting to run a test with the older Java JRE version 5 - the last release was Java SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 15 available HERE

You would have uninstall version 6 if not already done - you also need to disable the auto update if you want to stick at version 5.

Lightbulb

For those of you who have experianced Slowdown caused by the Java Plugin read this Webpage for more info on resolving the problem.
    Last edited by Terminator; 2008-08-26 at 22:50. Reason: Fixed Typo

Lightbulb

Also you can try un-installing and then re-installing your software firewall or try using a different one, I ditched Zone Alarm 8.0 and went with Comodo Pro, along with the latest SD helper Beta, and virtually all my problems have now disappeared.

There is an update for SD-Helper (v1.6.1 from September 24th) - does it resolve the slow-down issue?

The latest version of TeaTimer (beta) is 1.6.3.25. This version will resolve the slow-down issue. You'll have to enable Spybot to download beta updates (via Advanced Mode).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RolaPL View Post
    There is an update for SD-Helper (v1.6.1 from September 24th) - does it resolve the slow-down issue?
    The beta version of SDHelper.dll that was originally put forward to overcome the slow down problem with IE was

http://www.spybotupdates.biz/files/b...r161-beta1.exe

The latest version of SDHelper.dll is now 1.6.2.14, which should also resolve that problem. It was offered recently during the normal detection updates but was no longer available from that source today. It is not the one that you get if you download the current full installation package for Spybot.

At the moment I don't know where the link to this particular version is, and I have raised a query about that in the beta forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    The latest version of TeaTimer (beta) is 1.6.3.25. This version will resolve the slow-down issue. You'll have to enable Spybot to download beta updates (via Advanced Mode).
    My apologies.

Smile

RolaPL,

Refer to PepiMK's post
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...30&postcount=2

Seems that when IE Plugin update 1.6.1 (2008-09-24) is installed it becomes SDHelper.dll version 1.6.2.14 so the answer to your query is yes, that update should help with the IE slow down problem.

Default spybot and IE 7 slowdown

I am having a major slow down since I updated to spybot 1.6.2. It takes much longer to access a website and it holds pages and will not release for a minute or longer. Any fix other than deleting spybot or going back to an earlier release, if that is possible? thanks for any help.