Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta release: 1.6.0.4

Default question about future releases

First of all thanks for a superb tool, i use it daily !! =)

I got a couple of brief question about future releases:
    I noticed that you already have added (planned) support for detection rules.
    Is there by any chance a API or other scriptbased-function, for developing homegrown plugins/detection/unpacking, planned for later releases (such as your upx-plug with detection/unpacking "all in one")?

And another question about identification of files, is there any possibility to add "dump to user-file/db" with readback to be able identify files in a similar way as eg PEiD. (to be able to add "identify/detect" for eg. bogus UPX-version or proprietary formats used in firmware and such)?

The detection rule thing for Spybot is already integrated, see the wiki
    As for the reverse effect, I've thought about integration the other round: the Spybot-S&D single file scanner as used inside SDFiles.exe; in the variant that prints every and not just the first scan result, this could be used to support any user-definable identification that is possible through advanced file parameters.

Custom packers? Hmmm. The problem right now is that pagkers are identified through code that's doing a lot of other identification stuff as well, and which isn't too extendable (through Extensions.ini only). In fact, we planed to compile UPX support into the main app even.

If you have specific packers you want supported, just let us know a few details. Which would be helpful to establish what would belong into a plugin structure as well.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)