Thread: TeaTimer CPU load after startup thoughts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    snrcfan:

This thread is about problems encountered with the Spybot 1.6 version of TeaTimer (TeaTimer 1.6.0.20) and the measures taken to correct those problems including the development of a beta addition of TeaTimer (TeaTimer 1.6.0.21):

I suggest that you upgrade to Spybot 1.6, download and install the beta version of TeaTimer and see if that has alleviated your concerns.
    I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear, but I have downloaded and tried the new version(and patch). I uninstalled it after some preliminary testing due to my need to validate and test before permanent use. That was why I put "(for now)" at the end of my post. My concern was with the continued memory demand I noticed during my briief experiment. I was trying to ascertain whether or not there would be any future possibilty of reduced resident memory usage. As it is now, whenever I need to free up memory, I unload TT until the next reboot and I was hoping that the new version would not require this. The new version is a definite improvement over the old, but not enough to warrent an immediate upgrade.

As an example, could TT be split into a startup process that does the initial work and a permant/resident process that only looks for changes?
    Last edited by snrcfan; 2008-08-01 at 19:23.