Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: TeaTimer CPU load after startup thoughts

Default Tea Timer CPU Usage

Well I've been using SBS&D/teatimer for about 5 years. This whole time it has consumed a little time during startup but the system settled down to about 1% utilization which was always the systemidletask. This is on an 8-core machine (i7) Last week I did a format and reinstall of winxpsp3 and all apps and find that for the first 10 minutes 1 core has 98% utilization and a second core around 15%. If I wait for around 20 minutes it cycles back and forth between 4% and 60% on one core and 2 and 10% on one of the other cores. This occurs at the refresh rate which is about 1sec and no other activity, ie. an idle machine. The CPU usage overall shows as being 4-14% allocated to teatimer and about 1% to the systemidletask. If I kill teatimer the load almost immediately drops to 1% from systemidletask with an occasional blip from my antivirus (CA) I only have the antivirus from CA, none of the functionality that might compete with SPS&D. It announces itself as V1.6.2.46.

Some of this info has been given before by others, but I have provided it all in one go in one place to make it easier to use in search of the problem. On the view functionality, I've had nothing to complain about so far, so if it stayed the same I'd be happy. Just need to get on top of this issue.

Default Virtual Machine

Quote Originally Posted by wyrmrider View Post
    Is anyone surprised that T-timer is actually doing its job?

you could also run System Safety Monitor, a virtual machine, Process Guard or similar

All trade offs and all approaches open to discussion
    Hello Wyrmrider,

What is a "virtual machine"? I'm always interested in ways to outsmart those adware, malware, and virus guys. This virtual machine idea has really piqued my interest. Please elaborate.

Thank you!

A virtual machine is basically a small PC which you have inside your PC. An example of a virtual machine is VMware. That's a paid one, which you pay, and install on your machine. Even though it looks safe to run malware on it, etc, some malwares are designed and developed very well to break through and reach your real PC and harm it. So, it's not 100% safe, and you should know what you're doing if you're testing malware and anti-malware applications. I do these testing myself, and no malware has managed to harm my real PC yet, and I've been doing this for several years. But I know there are some malware which is built for doing these kinds of things, so be aware.

Imageek