Thread: Please Help! re include errors log: Trojans

Default Please Help! re include errors log: Trojans

I just updated and ran Spybot and got the following message:

'There were problems in the include file C:/Program Files/Spybot - Search_Destroy\Includes\Trojans\sbi. see 'include errors log' for details'

I hit OK. It continued scanning, then the same thing happened. I hit OK again and the scan completed. I fixed the 'dangerous' problems.

After reading some earlier threads, I went to Start/C/Program Files/Spybot/Includes and it shows icons for all the updates that I downloaded today. I don't know where to find the 'include errors log'?

Earlier threads say this may be resolved by downloading updates but I did that before I started. I am using Skybot version 1.4.

Please advise & Thank You!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

ConfusionReigns:

The current errors with the Trojans.sbi and TrojansC.sbi files that started with the 2008-04-09 updates are caused by new detection rules that are incompatible with versions of Spybot prior to 1.5.2. These new detection rules use the new Anti-Rootkit plugins #1, #2 and #3 that only have been offered as updates to Spybot 1.5.2 and Spybot 1.6.

If you upgrade to Spybot 1.6 you will not only eliminate the error messages but in also will be performing rootkit searches while doing a Spybot "Check for problems".

Also you should be aware that other incompatibilities with newer detection rules have caused serious problems with older versions of Spybot, including Spybot 1.4, that disabled a users ability to log onto their system.

I strongly suggest that you upgrade to Spybot 1.6!

If there is a reason that you absolutely cannot upgrade to Spybot 1.6, you can try the Anti-Rootkit plugins #1, #2 and #3 with Spybot 1.4, but they are not officially supported. From post #11 in the following thread:

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Well, you can download the manual installer for the newest anti-rootkit plugins and install them on 1.4 as well. They do have a compatibility mode when loaded by 1.4, but not with official support
    Note: "... but not with official support ".

The downloads for the Anti-Rootkit plugins are on the following Web page:

This item:
    • Anti rootkit plugins 1.0 - product description
      md5: EE7278BC89D4557CFD7127EACC37EE70

Supported only for version 1.5.2 or above!
      This adds improved capabilities to find rootkits. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.

Please note: Supported only for version 1.5.2 or above!

The direct download link is:

You can access the "Include errors.log" as follows:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports.
    • Then click the View previous reports button on the top of the right hand pane.
    • Look for the "Include errors" file
    • Highlight it and click open (or double click on it).

For another method to access the "Include errors.log", see this this post.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-07-17 at 23:08.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

HI MD
    I did not know the problem was with 1.4 as well as 1.3
    What os did the OP run?
    I do not think Anti rootkit feature works with 95-98-me
    heck I do not know if Spybot even works with NT

just something else to add to your fine post
    thanks for the 1.4 tip

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

wyrmrider:

re: HellzLittleSpy detection.

In Spybot S&D 1.3 the HellzLittleSpy detection appeared even if you did not have the HellzLittleSpy infection (false positive). If you fixed the detection your ability to logon was disabled.

In Spybot S&D 1.4 with if you had the HellzLittleSpy infection, received the detection and fixed it your ability to logon was disabled.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hi MD,
    Thx for your help - I will download the version you suggest and see if that helps.
    ConfusionReigns!

I have had the same problem on the 1.4 version of the Warning for the TrojansC.sbi. Right now I am in the midst of downloading the 1.6 hopefully this will fix the issue. I do have questions though. For example:
    Do I need to go in and delete the 1.4 and all the components etc? Is this also involved with why Net Analyzer can not be saved source file can not be read (running the 1.4 version)?
    The version of Windows I run is XP Professional.

This computer went down about 3 months ago. Within this last week we just got it to go back to the original formatting disk mode. I am not real secure with putting any personal data over the computer yet, or even working on any research yet. I can be even holding the mouse, and the curser will go to another location on the screen: Not just once by the way but a multitude of times. By the way this also happened to my husband when he was on line last evening; he found it disturbing as well.

After all of the ruckus, figured it was time to be a true computer geek and join the forum here. Greetings to all!

Bunker_Buster

Hello,

Please uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy according to the following link:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html
    Then make a fresh install of Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.
    You will find links to several download locations on our website:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    That should solve your problems.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot