Thread: Scan results

Default Scan results

I have been using S+D for a long time, latest version as far as I know.
    Scan results always come back with that congrats message,no immediate threats found line.
    All well+good,but....tracking cookies or usage cookies as you refer to them always show up.
    I am a real novice+haven't a clue as to what any of it means,alas. I did read something in the tut that usage tracks are like finger prints+can be traced!!!!!
    How do I deal with this? I don't want to get hacked!

Your whole forum seems a bit overwhelming to me also. I'd just like to be able to understand my scan results+how best to deal with them.

I appreciate you help in educating me.

honu1

Well, actually this is up to the user decision whether to delete it or not. In Spybot-SD 'Advanced Mode' you can instruct Spybot to scan for tracking cookies and user trackage.

Don't worry you're not getting 'hacked'.

User trackages are more like... MRUs, which is 'Most Recently Used'. In other words, it's like your last recent visit to this application or that program.

A good example of MRU is a word processor application. Take Microsoft Word for example.

Most Recently Used menu

Most Recently Used (MRU) is a term used in computing to refer to the list of programs or documents that were last accessed. It is a feature of convenience allowing users to quickly see and access the last few used files and documents, but could also be considered bad in terms of privacy.
    Source:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_...rosoft_Windows
    --

Like I said before it is your choice whether to delete it or keep it.