Thread: SBS&D protects in the background?

Default SBS&D protects in the background?

I've been keeping Spybot up to date and immunized, but haven't been running it much. It was my belief that it has protective abilities without my doing actual scans. I wanted to verify that.

Since I got CCleaner, I've completely quit running Ad Aware, and I've only run Spybot sporadically.

Is your question, "Why is Spybot-SD not detecting anything?" or something similar to that?

I just wanted to clarify that Spybot-Search&Destroy does not run in the background (not the program itself, though), unless you mean Spybot-SD's Resident Shields (TeaTimer; if active), then yes it will be in the background protecting you.

Spybot's Immunize feature offers 'passive' protection against malware by adding entries to your browser's blacklist, which disables malicious ads, banners, and Active X.

Read: How Spybot-SD protects against the installation of malware/spyware
    --

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Is your question, "Why is Spybot-SD not detecting anything?" or something similar to that?

I just wanted to clarify that Spybot-Search&Destroy does not run in the background (not the program itself, though), unless you mean Spybot-SD's Resident Shields (TeaTimer; if active), then yes it will be in the background protecting you.

Spybot's Immunize feature offers 'passive' protection against malware by adding entries to your browser's blacklist, which disables malicious ads, banners, and Active X.

Read: How Spybot-SD protects against the installation of malware/spyware
    --
    My question wasn't, "'Why is Spybot-SD not detecting anything?' or something similar to that?" But yes, it hasn't been detecting anything. The rest of your reply answers my question -- I haven't had tea timer activated, but I'll do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragons1970 View Post
    But yes, it hasn't been detecting anything.
    Would you like a explanation to that? Or are you okay with my reply in the previous post?

I remember seeing a sticky that had an expanded explanation. I'm OK with that. Thanks