Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uninstall problem

Default Uninstall problem

Hi guys. This is my first post here, I hope you will be able to help me with my problem. I have tried searching, but nothing seems to help.

I have just tried to update to the latest version, 1.6. As it trys to install, it keeps coming up with an error in "search & destroy\unins000.exe
    access is Denied"

I tried to manually delete file but it will not allow. "Access denied or in use"

What can I do? Pls help
    Thanks in advance

Jeremy

Hello,

In order to completely uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy, please consider the following link:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default MMmmm

Thanks Sandra. Tried that to no avil. "Access denied to unins00.exe" still comes up every time!

Smile

Jeremy,

What operating system do you have, and were you logged on as an administrator?

Hi Greyfox.
    Im am using XP and only have the one login.... Might be worth investigating though....

Smile

Jeremy,

If the new version of Spybot didn't install, then perhaps the old version is still operating. If so and you can still start it, un-immunise, then in advanced mode goto tools, resident and untick both the browser helper and Teatimer. Then go to tools/IE tweaks and remove the ticks from any boxes that are ticked. Exit spybot, go to control panel, add or remove programs, locate the Spybot entry and try to uninstall it from there.

If that works, reboot, then clean up as per the links supplied by Spybot Sandra. Reboot again and then try to install the 1.6.0.30 version again.
    Let's know whether this worked.

Greyfox.
    I am the only login as admin, so that would appear not to be the problem. I have not had any problems B4 with deleting programs from my login account. Prob only appears with this program..

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jez650 View Post
    Greyfox.
    I am the only login as admin, so that would appear not to be the problem. I have not had any problems B4 with deleting programs from my login account. Prob only appears with this program..
    I'm not sure whether we didn't both post at the same time, so perhaps you missed my previous post - please post what happens if you try to uninstall the old version from add & remove.

Greyfox
    Where do I find un-immunize. Probaly obvious, but can not find it anywhere!

Smile

Start Spybot, on the main page in the left hand column you will see a icon shaped like a shield with immunise under it. Double click on it and in the screen that opens, at the top is an undo icon. Click on that to un-immunise.

Suggest you make sure you are off line and the browser shut down before you try to remove Spybot.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2008-07-21 at 16:28.