Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Uninstall problem

Esteemed Member

Even more basic; You stated that "my C: drive was already full". Is that really true, in other words is that drive actually at or close to no free space?

If so, you're likely to have all sorts of issues with installation and other basic operating system functions, since that's the only drive where certain of these normal processes can occur.

Please insure you have at least a few hundred MB free on this drive before trying anything else. One way to improve this quickly is to move the Windows Swap file to another drive, since this is often using several hundred MB or more. Then you should look for other data that can be moved or think about re-formatting and installing the entire OS to resolve the problem.

I know what you're facing, I've been dealing with the same issue for months on an old Sony which shipped with a 15GB C drive partition on a 60GB drive. I'm planning to resolve it by starting from scratch when installing a new Windows Vista OS next week.

Bitman

Hi Guys
    Thanks for your input.
    The OS is XP and the version of Spybot is 1.5.2.20
    There was a earlier version installed in the C: drive, but I can find no trace of it anymore.
    There is still around 500-600 meg avalable in C: drive that I leave clear to allow things to run.
    One of the reasons I wanted to upgrade, other than the fact that it is a newer version, is that the old one was not updating. It kept telling me that there were no updates available! that had been happening for a couple of months.
    I hope this helps
    Jez

Unhappy

Still struggling with this problem, guys.
    Anybody have any more things I can try?
    Thanks
    Jez

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Jez650:

Try the following:
    • Go into Spybot > Immunize.
      • Click "Undo" button (at the top of the right pane).
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
      • Uncheck (if checked) the following:
        • Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker) active.
        • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > IE Tweaks.
      • Uncheck (if checked) any of the following "Miscellaneous locks":
        • Lock Hosts file read-only as protection against hijackers.
        • Lock IE start page setting against user changes (current user).
        • Lock IE control panel against opening from within IE (current user).
      • Exit Spybot-S&D
      • Make sure that TeaTimer is not running by checking for the TeaTimer System Tray Icon. If the icon is there:
        • Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident. TeaTimer should close.
    • Reboot your system.
    • Go to Windows > Control panel > Add or Remove Programs > Locate "Spybot – Search & Destroy" > Remove. If that does not work:
      • Using Windows explorer, navigate to the following folder an try executing unins000.exe:
        • D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy

If it works, fine. If not, don't worry about it.
    • Using Windows explorer, verified that the following folder has been delete. If not, delete it:
      • D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
    • Make sure that all the registry entries that Spybot-S&D added during installation are removed, there is a .reg file available on the safer-networking.org WEB site that can do that, see the following article:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Still no luck

Thanks for all your great advice, everyone. Unfortunatly every thing tried so far still comes up with "Access denied" at one file or another.
    Is there any way to find out what is denying access? Or what is still using it and not letting me get in?
    I know one of your guys will come up with the answer, but for now I am not covered by "Spybot"! And that makes me nervous!!!
    Thanks

Is there any one who can help with this problem.... I am still getting no where and am concerned that Spyware is starting to build up in my computer. I can not get rid of the existing version of spybot on my system and it is not updating, just tells me there are no updates available,been like this for months
    Any one please....
    Jeremy