Thread: Troubles when I'm trying open some files!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Troubles when I'm trying open some files!!

When I try to open a file (an image for example), it opens the Spybot-S&D Scanner instead of opening the file.

Here are some screenshots about my problem...

Program Version: 1.6

Thanks

Looks like you instructed Spybot-SD to integrate the scanner function into the Explorer menu. This only happens when you right-click on a file. You only get the result (second screenshot) when you chosen 'Scan using Spybot-Search&Destroy' in the right click menu.

Have you 'left-clicked' the file on the mouse? If you had and there's still a problem, I think you should check the mouse configurations.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Looks like you instructed Spybot-SD to integrate the scanner function into the Explorer menu. This only happens when you right-click on a file. You only get the result (second screenshot) when you chosen 'Scan using Spybot-Search&Destroy' in the right click menu.

Have you 'left-clicked' the file on the mouse? If you had and there's still a problem, I think you should check the mouse configurations.
    The second screenshot shows what happens when I right-click on a file because "Scan using Spybot-Search&Destroy" looks in bold... that's my problem :(.

I think I must reinstall Spybot-S&D... what do you think about this?

Hello,

I do not know what language it is...but on the first screenshot don't you have an option "open"?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

I do not know what language it is...but on the first screenshot don't you have an option "open"?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    The language is spanish... .

The word "Abrir" means "Open" in english

Have you try using the 'Abrir' option in the right-click menu?

If I'm understanding correctly, your problem is the second screenshot? What happens to be the problem? Is it the font? Or is it the window?

Thumbs up Spybot-S&D Scanner set as default on some file types

Quote Originally Posted by Un Claudio de la vida View Post
    When I try to open a file (an image for example) it opens the Spybot-S&D Scanner instead of opening the file
    I emailed Spybot on this issue and was pointed to this and similar posts. These were helpful but I continued searching for an easier way to solve my problem - the Spybot scanner was the default (bold) item at the top of the right-click context menu for .jpg files, and therefore Spybot scanned .jpg files whenever I double-clicked them.

The Open and Preview commands were already set to another program, so that wasn't the problem. I tried that approach a couple of times.

I solved this by finding a way to move Spybot down the list on the context menu: I opened a folder window and went to Tools, Folder Options, File Types, selected .jpg, then Advanced. I clicked on the Open command, and the "Set Default" button. That moved Open to the top of the right-click context menu and shuffled the Spybot scanner further down the list. As far as I'm concerned, that's the best and easiest solution to the problem I had, where the Spybot scanner was somehow set as the default option for certain file types, but not others. So in this way you can fix this, one file type at a time, if and when required.

I should have specified that this was on a Windows 2000 machine, but the fix should be similar on other Windows Operating Systems...