Thread: IE7 Beta2 Preview

Former Microsoft MVP (RIP) siljaline's Avatar

Question IE7 Beta2 Preview

Just to let you folks know that I encountered this while running the IE7 Beta2 Preview
    <quote>
    "Error caused by Spybot - Search & Destroy: no specific solution available"
    </quote>
    Error Message:
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response...31771&SID=1048

Silj

Esteemed Member

Did the error occur during a scan, fix or some other specific Spybot process?

Was this problem with the original IE 7 Beta 2 Preview release or the refresh that just released on March 20th?

I was running this combination for a few weeks and never received an error. However, the changes in ActiveX and other browser security features could obviously create issues. I had heard some mention of problems with SDHelper.dll the Bad Download Blocker, though I again saw no symptoms of this myself.

After the hard drive failed on the laptop with this combination, I rebuilt it with only the Windows Live OneCare, Windows Defender and Internet Explorer 7 combination to see how this performs alone. The inclusion of Immunize, Hosts file and/or SpywareBlaster simply created lots of pointless noise and made me uncertain what was really protecting.

Former Microsoft MVP (RIP) siljaline's Avatar

bitman wrote:
    Did the error occur during a scan, fix or some other specific Spybot process?
    When I attempted to load SpyBot to re-immunize after installing the IE Preview.
    Was this problem with the original IE 7 Beta 2 Preview release or the refresh that just released on March 20th?
    The March 20 release.
    I'll try to duplicate the error later when I fire up the test machine.
    :Update: Error appears to have "gone away" - such is betaware

Regards,
    Silj
    Last edited by siljaline; 2006-03-23 at 07:14.