Thread: Reporting sites with malware, Where?

Default Reporting sites with malware, Where?

Just wanted to ask is there specific thread to report websites that may have viruses installed.
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-08-20 at 10:07. Reason: moved from the 'tests' forum

Default Is hosts file updated?

Hello everyone,
    First post here and first of all wanted to say that My hat is off to all developers of the project.

My question is about hosts file updated by S&D, which has a list of domains rerouted to localhost (not loading)
    With regular updates that list is and is constantly growing.

Are there periodic checks done by S&D if the domains in that list still poses threats after some time?

The point is that domains expire, or sold and new domain owners may not know that millions of web users will never see the new owner's site...

P.S. I am "domaining" and this is something that came to mind...
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-08-20 at 10:09. Reason: Moved from General Security Alerts

if I may, my other question is,

Where to report the domain name that is likely to be loading malware?

I have one right now (made firefox to close)
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-08-20 at 10:09. Reason: Moved from General Security Alerts

you can report it here so it maybe will be blocked by hphosts, that will stop other people that uses hphosts from being infected by the site you are talking about: http://forum.hosts-file.net/ but that has nothing to do with spybot.

i wish there was possible to submit malicious sites somewhere on this forums that maybe can be placed in the spybot immunize.
    Last edited by blues; 2008-08-20 at 09:26.

This forum does not currently "offer" a subforum for members to submit "malicious sites".

However, there is a subforum if members wish to post in suggestions for future Spybot detection updates. You can find it in the "New or Undetected" subforum. Read the stickies.