Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can not Immunize the System Completely

Post Can not Immunize the System Completely

Hello

As I try to immunize the system I always find that Cookies for Opera always remain unprotected. The number of items in this category is 191. here are the screen shots:

Please tell me how can I resolve this issue.... :(

Thank you...

This problem occurs on Spybot-Search&Destroy 1.5.2.20. You can say that Spybot does not "recognize" newer Opera profiles. Upgrading to Spybot-SD 1.6.0.30 will resolve the problem. The latest version immunizes both Mozilla Firefox 3 and Opera 9.5.x.

Download the latest version at:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

So, I'm not the only one? I tried to Immunize and Check Again four times and 191 items still remained Unprotected.

After installing the latest avast! and doing the required re-boot I opened S&D and tried four more times. Still no joy. I also tried updating again, but as expected I got "No newer updates."

I didn't take a screenshot, but the magic number "191" appears in Cookies for IE, Firefox and Opera.

KW
    Last edited by Keith Warner; 2008-07-25 at 03:36. Reason: Subscribe to email notify
    DELL Latitude C600/Pent III/1.0Ghz/10Gb/256Mb/WinXPro SP2/FF20016&IE6/
    Zone Alarm / avast! / Spybot S&D, SuperAntispyware, Malwarebytes & Spyware Blaster

Lightbulb Again..............

as drragostea suggested, you need to install the latest version. Upgrading will resolve this issue. Remove spybot via add/remove programs. Then restart and download the latest spybot version from the spybot home page. to the forums!

I wonder how they do the highlights . I haven't seen you in a while Mr. Warner . And thanks 129260, for "reinforcing" the idea.

Lightbulb

There is also another version of Avast! out now (4.8.1229) which fixes compatability problems with Opera and D-Link Routers and the Avast!'s Standard Shield.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Thanks! Upgrading did resolve the issue.

emove spybot via add/remove programs.
    I did not do it. I installed the latest version over the older version. Is there any serious problem with that?

One more question: Some times I need to close down TeaTimer for certain reasons. Is it possible to restart the TeaTimer without restarting the PC?

Hello,

You mean enable it again?
    - Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
    - Check the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

If you close it down and not disabled it before you can start it by doubleclicking on the TeaTimer.exe in the Spybot folder itself.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Yes, I also believe that TeaTimer automatically starts with Windows during bootup.

Also, src, there is no problem installing version 1.6.0.30 over version 1.5.2.20.

Default I'm using 1.6 and no joy

Hi all,

I recently uninstalled Trend Micro and replaced it with AVG. I downloaded Spybot 1.6 and installed it but I can't immunize completely. I've uninstalled Spybot multiple times and I've used the .reg file then re-installed. I finally got frustrated last night and uninstalled it again, but now TeaTimer seems to be left over and it starts up even though Spybot isn't installed at all. Evidently a registry entry wasn't deleted even though I ran the .reg program.

The immunization process reports some 250,000 bad products but will only immunize against about 200,000 of them. I can re-install and report the details if that would be useful.

I'm running Windows XP SP2.

By the way, I also installed Spybot 1.6 on my laptop running Vista and AVG and it immunizes completely with no problems.

Any help?

Thanks