Thread: Can not Immunize the System Completely

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Can not Immunize the System Completely

Hello

As I try to immunize the system I always find that Cookies for Opera always remain unprotected. The number of items in this category is 191. here are the screen shots:

Please tell me how can I resolve this issue.... :(

Thank you...

This problem occurs on Spybot-Search&Destroy 1.5.2.20. You can say that Spybot does not "recognize" newer Opera profiles. Upgrading to Spybot-SD 1.6.0.30 will resolve the problem. The latest version immunizes both Mozilla Firefox 3 and Opera 9.5.x.

Download the latest version at:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

So, I'm not the only one? I tried to Immunize and Check Again four times and 191 items still remained Unprotected.

After installing the latest avast! and doing the required re-boot I opened S&D and tried four more times. Still no joy. I also tried updating again, but as expected I got "No newer updates."

I didn't take a screenshot, but the magic number "191" appears in Cookies for IE, Firefox and Opera.

KW
    Last edited by Keith Warner; 2008-07-25 at 02:36. Reason: Subscribe to email notify
    DELL Latitude C600/Pent III/1.0Ghz/10Gb/256Mb/WinXPro SP2/FF20016&IE6/
    Zone Alarm / avast! / Spybot S&D, SuperAntispyware, Malwarebytes & Spyware Blaster

Lightbulb Again..............

as drragostea suggested, you need to install the latest version. Upgrading will resolve this issue. Remove spybot via add/remove programs. Then restart and download the latest spybot version from the spybot home page. to the forums!

I wonder how they do the highlights . I haven't seen you in a while Mr. Warner . And thanks 129260, for "reinforcing" the idea.

Lightbulb

There is also another version of Avast! out now (4.8.1229) which fixes compatability problems with Opera and D-Link Routers and the Avast!'s Standard Shield.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!