Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SB Automatically "User Aborts"

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

fortytipper:

I'm curious. Before resorting to running Spybot in Safe Mode, did you try the spybotsandra's suggestion?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by mhallerman View Post
    3rd time I'm scanning and about a minute into each scan, the scan aborts with the message "User Abort! Scan was not completed successfully." and the status bar says "Scan aborted by user"

The problem is I am not aborting the scan.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark.
    G'day from SA!

I had this happen to me for the first time today. I had just updated the definitions and, about a minute into the scan, I got the same message.

All I did was to remove & reset the Immunisation, and it all worked fine from there!

I hope this may help find a final solution to the problem.
    Bronzed Aussie

Default same problem, evntually worked out...

I had the same problem. I reran the 'check for problems' a couple of times, closed the program & re-opened, rebooted the computer, re-immunized, explored the other suggestions folks made, tried repeatedly for a few days, and one day finally it started working again, no problem. Perhaps sometimes a glitch occurs with the immunization download and doesn't let the cycle complete itself and it eventually works itself out? I'm not sure, but if none of the suggestions work (esp rebooting, reimmunizing, and open/close the program), then just give it a couple of days and see if it fixes itself (maybe it resyncs itself after another virus update?). Good luck!

Default I dont get it. Total randomness

I am getting worn out, i have been haveing problems. 1, it keeps saying user aborted. And when i try to get rid of my spyware it says it works, but this contra virus thing i delete, keeps coming back, and my spyware is not being deleted? I have like 35 spyware S.O.S

Hello Wizit.

You may have an infected machine that is affecting Spybot-S&D.

Please follow the procedure in this link:
    "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum

A helper will advise you when available.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default At one point and time

At one point and time it would say "user aborts" but i immunized the spybot and i tryed it on safe mode and it worked fine, but i still cant get rid of the viruses, LOL, post at my thread if you can help.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Wizit:

I hope that you realize that someone will help you with your problems if you just post the required information as outlined in "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance) in following Malware Removal forum thread:

I suggest that you stop posting in multiple threads and furnish the required information in the thread referenced above.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-06-16 at 23:51.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.