Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: After scan reboot returns c:\windows\system32\command.com the parameter is incorrect

Default c:\windows\system32\command.com

C:\windows\system32\command.com
    Quote Originally Posted by petesj1 View Post
    After performing scan, it reported that certain items could not be fixed and asked if it could run after reboot. The system was rebooted and now it reports error:
    c:\windows\system32\command.com

The parameter is incorrect. Clicking it keeps report error message over and over. The system never really goes beyond that point.

Default Not to complicated to fix

I was big fan of spybot until now. When I try clean up somebody computer with Spybot beta 2.0 on Windows XP machine, after reboot I couldn't get back to the system because "command.com" window. I do not know how it is possible after 3 years knowledge of this problem, Spybot Team did not fixed it.
    This is what I did about : keep ESC button pressed unil the command window is gone and you can acces the system and run Spybot, disable all services in settings, restart - it should be without problems then uninstall Spybot :-(
    Last edited by christophnow; 2011-06-06 at 11:56.

Anybody reading my post a site before?
    Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

For issues regarding the Spybot 2.0 Beta please post in the existing Beta Thread.

About your problem:
    We were able to reproduce the problem and will try to fix it, meaning the command.com window will be removed..

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Anybody reading my post a site before?
    Make Known Bugs thread including "Before posting a bug"?

Quote Originally Posted by christophnow View Post
    I was big fan of spybot until now, when I try clean up somebody computer with Spybot beta 2.0 on Windows XP machine, ...
    I have one question: Spybot 2.0 is BETA. That doesn't mean it's for use on every PC, as it's not stable. It's really bad idea to actually install that on someone's PC if someone actually doesn't still know bugs around it. A novice user will have problems with it. You were supposed to install 1.6.2 until 2.0 becomes stable.

Quote Originally Posted by christophnow View Post
    I was big fan of spybot until now. When I try clean up somebody computer with Spybot beta 2.0 on Windows XP machine, after reboot I couldn't get back to the system because "command.com" window. I do not know how it is possible after 3 years knowledge of this problem, Spybot Team did not fixed it.
    This is what I did about : keep ESC button pressed unil the command window is gone and you can acces the system and run Spybot, disable all services in settings, restart - it should be without problems then uninstall Spybot :-(
    I posted a "help" request under my name tikigirl on 6/7 after doing a clean-up which changed my desktop and disabled most all of my programs. I was just forwarded your response. I do recall being directed to reboot my sytem so clean up could be completed, which I did. I read yor response, and probably what I did was download the beta version (which was not a good idea being a novice) rather than the other one which is mentioned. I'm just not sure what to do because I don't see that command window, so not sure about using the ESC button, etc. Should I download the other version and rerun it ? I want to be careful so I don't complicate my problems further. I used Spybot a month or two ago, after doing the tutorial and it was perfect. Thank you all for your kind help and patience with my questions. It's much appreciated.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=62992
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-06-10 at 08:10. Reason: Added link

Default Parameter is incorrect problem fix

I want to thank you so much for this fix. I followed what you wrote verbatim and got back in to my computer. I'll send you the startup file and hope you can send me a answer. Also can you tell the right updater on the list from the spybot updates, every time I update I the immunise program goes more towards to side of unprotected. I've never been able to get all file immunised after the first update??

Thanks Again

Nick

Attachment 8510

Pls contact me if you don't get this file, I hope I sent it right!!
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-09-11 at 18:23. Reason: Removed email address in username ;-)

thank god I came across your thread befor I reinstalled. The only reason I did not, I had a guest account which I was able to reach normaly. Only my Adminaccount I could not use. Via Save mode I tried to add a new admin account but I also got the same error message when loggin in. Only after using the option above I was saved from reinstalling windows xp and loosing all my data . After deleting all com and cmd I noticed I lost a few shortcuts which seem to have interacted with facebook. (Sorry about my english i tried my best)

I tried to add the startupfile but it has 80.6 kb it exeeds the upload limit

this is what helped me

Quote Originally Posted by rondafan View Post
    Sorry to hijack this but I had the same problem ....yodamas cure worked perfectly but I ran spybot 2 times & had to go thru the "cure" both times.......any idea why this is happening??

I think that md usa spybot fans did diagnose the symptoms of this issue correctly.
    But there appears to be an issue with the command.com and/or the cmd.exe on the affected computers.

Let's try another approach to eliminate the symptoms of this issue:
    • boot the computer normally
    • when the first error messages about the command.com appear open the taskmanager with ctrl+alt+del and then choosing the taskmanager
    • terminate the explorer.exe
    • then choose file - new task
    • enter the path to Spybot S&D (default: c:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe) to start Spybot S&D
    • switch to advanced mode
    • navigate to tools - system startup
    • click the export button and save the startup report file to a location you can easily find later
    • remove all Spybotdelete entries from the startup list
    • within Spybot S&D (Processlist) terminate the remaining instances of command.com and cmd.exe (ntvdm.exe) and close the error message windows if they are still present ( you can mark multiple entries while holding the shift and/or ctrl key and terminate them together)
    • from the Taskmanager choose File - new task and enter explorer to restart the explorer
    • attach the startup report file you saved ealier to your next post

We will require the startup report file to diagnose the cause of this issue. We may also require a complete log file later.
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Telar; 2012-07-11 at 13:48.