Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Strange Immunization

Yeah, I forgot all about the complicated stuff. I just uninstalled both Firefox and Spybot. I deleted every single known extra installation file I could find on both programs. I used CCleaner to get rid of left over registry crap. I reinstalled both Firefox 3 ans Spybot. Problem solved.

Smile SpyBot

Hello , drragostea & Greyfox: Problem SOLVED...Went to WTT & a chap named Doug gave me/us a tip I'll pass on to you all...He said to go to Internet Options , Advanced & reset...Which WORKED...Downloaded SpyBot , installed , updated & ran..Also it immunized FULLY....Many thanks to ALL that helped...

Talking

I've just tried Ron.M's suggestion and it seems to have solved my SD helper issue's (Fingers crossed).
    Last edited by Terminator; 2008-08-12 at 23:01. Reason: Fixed Typo
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    ennui,

OK, you found hostperm.1 which is the FF2 file and deleted it.
    I assume that permissions.sqlite wasn't there.

You then did an immunise that still didn't work. If you now check in the same place is permissions.sqlite now there and if so what size is it?

I have one computer with FF2 on it, I don't have FF3. If I delete hostperm.1 and then run Spybot 1.6 and try to immunise it doesn't work of course because it thinks I have FF3, but it does put permissions.sqlite there.

Maybe try deleting permissions.sqlite if it is there, then try running FF3 before you open Spybot and try to immunise.

I am concerned about your statement that you couldn't navigate to the folder in question. Were you doing this using Explorer or from a command prompt.
    First of all, both hostperm.1 and permissions.sqlite were found when I initially deleted hostperm.1

After deleting hostperm.1, the Immunization worked, but it still had the same results as the image quoted in my first post.

At the time of this post, permissions.sqlite is 948KB in size.

When I say that I couldn't navigate to "C:\Documents and Settings\Cody\Application Data" I found that it is because the file "Application Data" was hidden, so no problems there; but, yes, this was in Explorer.

I am now deleting permissions.sqlite and I will restart FF3 as you suggested before trying another Immunization. I will return and edit this post with my results.

Can't edit my post:

I deleted permissions.sqlite and restarted FF3 and the Immunization still ran with the same results.