Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strange Immunization

Default Strange Immunization

My problem is very similar to this one.

I'm running XP Home with SP3. I have the latest version of Spybot, which is 1.6.0, along with the latest updates. No matter how many times I immunize, I always seem to have 27035 unprotected threats. Yes, I am on the administrating user on this machine. Also, the undo thing didn't help either. Can someone help me please?

Do you currently use Webroot's SpySweeper? How about ZoneAlarm firewall?

Do you have any browsers open during immunization?

Can you try to Undo the Immunization and Immunize again>

What rows were not immunized?

Unhappy Immunization

Dear xZippy & drragostea: I , too am having the EXACT problem...I have just completed a FULL re-install of Windows XP Pro..I went to MS & downloaded SP 2 ( took 12 ,no typo, twelve hours ) I reloaded SpyBot & got ALL the updates..Now I can not immunize anything.. (37,491 files ? ) I AM the administrator...I tried undo , re-immunized several times ,NO help...I could before my computer crashed...If either of you get an answer or fix , I WOULD really appreciate a reply...As soon as I figure out how to start a separate thread , I will...Thank you both VERY much in advance....Ron.M

Ron M... twelve hours for a 75MB seems ridiculous (not ridiculous as in you but the computer) even for a dial-up connection...

Are there any known software or security applications/programs that are currently on your computer that may be causing this (referring to both members)?

Unhappy Immunization

Dear xZippy & drragostea : I do NOT want to intrude on xZippy's thread any further...I've had a long day & I will start a NEW thread of my own tomorrow...xZippy: SORRY , did NOT mean to butt in...drragostea: Will contact you after I start new thread...Thanks to BOTH of you....Bye

Well, actually Ron this concerns the same issue, so no need to start a new thread.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by xZippy View Post
    My problem is very similar to this one.

I'm running XP Home with SP3. I have the latest version of Spybot, which is 1.6.0, along with the latest updates. No matter how many times I immunize, I always seem to have 27035 unprotected threats. Yes, I am on the administrating user on this machine. Also, the undo thing didn't help either. Can someone help me please?
    So, if 27035 are unprotected, then some others are being protected, and you need to be more specific about which groups are OK and which are not. You haven't said what browser you are using, and at a guess, I think it may be Firefox 3, and that the unprotected items might belong to that, or perhaps some might also relate to the host file, but there is no point guessing and giving you suggestions that are not appropriate when you can provide that information. We also need to know what Antivirus and Firewall software you are using, and whether there is any other spyware detection programs installed on your PC.

Well, you can know what threats aren't being blocked by looking at this image I uploaded.

I am using Firefox 3 now, which I got just now. Having Firefox 2 nor 3 changes anything in my problem. The only firewall I have is the windows firewall, and I disabled that, did an undo, and immunized again, and no luck. My anti-virus program is NOD32. I have used Spybot for a long time with NOD32 on, and never had this problem until just yesterday. And no, I never ever have browsers open when I try to immunize, let alone use Spybot in general.

Another thing, drragostea, you're not intruding on anything. Better to have two people's problems solved than one.

The only firewall I have is the windows firewall, and I disabled that
    you should not disable windows firewall, that wouldnt solve your problem and may be a security risk.

however, i do not know if other firewalls can cause this problem, but you say you only use windows firewall.
    Last edited by blues; 2008-08-05 at 12:22.

No, blues... What I mean is, I disabled the firewall momentarily to test the Spybot stuff.