Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strange Immunization

ok, sorry for my misunderstanding

Angry SpyBot BUG ! !

OK, xZippy & drragostea , I'm back... For others reading this: I have Windows XP Pro with SP 2 ( I REFUSE to get SP 3) I am using IE 7 with NetZero as my ISP...SpyBot will NOT immunize ANYTHING.. ( I AM newbie & if I knew how , I would upload a immage as xZippy did , but I don't think it would help )..I have 37,491 files with "0" protected... I have tried "undo" & immunize" several times with NO results...My SpyBot file was transfered to CD , before I did a complete FULL re-install of WinXP...(long story) I AM the administrator...After I re-loaded SpyBot & got all the updates is when this appeared...I use "SB" ONLY offline & ALL programs closed...I ran the file & it found only some cookies which it cleared , so I thought all was well until I tried to immunize...( takes over 2 hrs to complete ).....I hope a "SB" engineer or programmer reads this thread & replies to it WITH a solution...THANKX

xZippy

See whether whats discussed in this thread is of help
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...760#post210760

Smile

Ron.M

The link I gave XZippy to read will not help you as your problem is NOT the same as his. He has an immunisation problem specifically relating to Firefox, where as you don't appear to be using Firefox at all, and to use your words "I have 37,491 files with "0" protected"

An installation of the current Spybot version 1.6.0.30 on XP Pro, with the latest detection updates has a much higher number of immunisations. In lieu of seeing a screen shot of your immunisation screen, my first advice would be to completely uninstall Spybot and clean out any residue. See http://www.spybot.info/en/howto/uninstall.html

Then download a complete new copy of the current Spybot from on of the sites at http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html and install it. During the install take care to select the options so that neither the resident IE Browser option or Teatimer is enabled at this stage, and also leave getting the updates until after you have installed the program. When it has installed, go and get the updates using the Search for updates on the main Spybot screen, then try another immunise.

Please post back the result.

I am using Firefox 3, and I have reinstalled this program, leaving updates for last. That's how I always do it.

Alright, I followed the uninstall guide, and reinstalled it the way Greyfox said, and my problem hasn't gone away. The number went from 27035 to 27131...

Here: http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1759/spybotstl7.png

Hi, xZippy. Do you happen to have more than one account on the current computer?

I took a look at the thread, and the screenshot from xZippy's last post reminded me of when I was using the AlterEgo tool by SaferNetworking.

I'm not sure why there is more than one profile of it (Firefox), and what is more confusing is why is it not immunizing.

Smile immunization problem

Greyfox: Thanks for your reply...Will do ALL you ask...This will take some time as I am now downloading Adobe reader..It's 35 mb & I have a slooow download speed ( another website & tech will handle that one for me)..I tried to email you privately, but you apparently have no friends,...Question: can I download 2 or more program/files at the same time without corruption of either file ?? Thanks again, RON

Ron, it'll depend on your download speed. And yes, you can download two files without corruption.
    Edit: Ron, wasn't this your tread concerning the Adobe Reader file?
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=32083
    --
    Last edited by drragostea; 2008-08-06 at 21:29.

Angry other thread

Drragostrea: Yes , that is another thread I have going...Since I re-installed WinXP Pro , I have a few glitches I need to fix...I just completed downloading Adobe Reader 9 & got the same result...( Completely removed 1st download )I get a message saying that I have to have Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 installed...I do not have Win 2000 & is there a SP 4 ?? ...It will NOT install...SpyBot asked for registry changes during the download , which I agreed to...I tried to contact Adobe by email , but they have & want me to change to Outlook Express email , which I am not willing to do at this time...My download speed IS VERY slow (much slower) since the re-install....About 3/5 kb per sec...I intend to tackle that issue at the other site we talked about...I have just done a complete uninstall (including the search box remnants)of SpyBot...I'm now going to download the new version...Talk to you later, Thanks, RON