Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Spybot 1.6 won't immunize Firefox

Cool

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Fello people of Spybot & Firefox alike I have the answer If you can't seem to immunize I can Help or this Post anyway. I just had a feeling every time I say the Sqlite being deleted by my Ccleaner program I forgot that it ends up defaulting Spybot into its cleaning process & so I unchecked the box thus ah I'm now enjoying Firefox again thank you Spybot forum anyone still having problems look no farther look here instead

Ok here's what you do like most will know what this is....you go into the folder Mozilla and then into Profiles and into the next folder and right click the file in question which is for those who don't know Permission.sqlite so right click hit properties and read only and problem solved yeah.
    NoN-Elemental. P

Default Once again, CCleaner and it's conflicts with Spybot preventing immunization

Quote Originally Posted by Hellish View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Fello people of Spybot & Firefox alike I have the answer If you can't seem to immunize I can Help or this Post anyway. I just had a feeling every time I say the Sqlite being deleted by my Ccleaner program I forgot that it ends up defaulting Spybot into its cleaning process & so I unchecked the box thus ah I'm now enjoying Firefox again thank you Spybot forum anyone still having problems look no farther look here instead

Ok here's what you do like most will know what this is....you go into the folder Mozilla and then into Profiles and into the next folder and right click the file in question which is for those who don't know Permission.sqlite so right click hit properties and read only and problem solved yeah.

Hi, I posted the same info about Spybot and its conflict with CCleaner In November 2013 in the immunization thread and said to exclude the permissions.sqlite files from the exclude section of CCleaner. The problem with my solution was that the default user changes with updates for some reason. Yours is a much more elegant fix. I did have to move the permissions.sqlite file that had data from the administrator account into the user account and then make them both "read only." The administrator permissions.sqlite file had 1.7 mbs of data once I changed it to read only and after copying the full file into the user file, marking it "read only" both profiles immunize perfectly. When I followed the "hostperm.1" thing and deleted the permissions.sqlite file, Firefox just kept replacing it, so it did nothing and I don't know why that is still on the boards as it doesn't work.