Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spybot 1.6 won't immunize Firefox

I might have found a solution for this. For some reason a hidden account in XP called Local Service had a Firefox profile. I deleted this profile and then I was able to immunize properly. I hope this helps someone.

I am running XP-SP3, Firefox 3.0.5, and Spybot, Search & Destroy 1.6.0.30

Default Disable Firefox popups immunization

It is the Popups item in the Firefox category that is causing the hang.

Try unchecking that item. You might have to use "Undo" a few times.

the new version fixed it.
    thanks...

Ok I need HELP with Immunizing FIREFOX I just wrote out a long Bleeping Reply I'm not doing it again srry but I have tried everythig the Login in to admin and right clicking the icon and admin those both did not work ok so I have tried the premissions file thng didn't not work I have tried undo and reimmunized did not work wow surprise.. So I have a Problem with Immunizeing FireFox & I like it too much not to use so can someone Help with this thanks for any help. Oh here is a pic of what won't immunize

Oh I have never done that beforeso someone is going to have to help me with attaching that image thanks again vary much.
    NoN-Elemental. P

Ok I have the image here above this is it and what can I do about this and tell me why its doing it so I can atleast stop sing whatever is making it does this. If it is spyware that maybe still lingering then fine I"ll have to do something about thatbut I need to immunize these for firefox before I even try to start to use it so.... a'lil please... would be nice.................
    NoN-Elemental. P

Default I have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    ello,

Please try the following:
    Go to the folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

There please delete the permissions.sqlite and generate a new file for the hostperm.1 that is empty.
    Now please immunize again.
    That should solve the problem.

This information is also available in our forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30681

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Firstly I cannot find the Documents and Settings, even though I have searched using the computer search.

Secondly, I also cannot find the permissions.sqlite file either. I wish there were an easier way of doing all this! I am not THAT technical that I have to go in and change system files. I tried uninstalling Firefox and Spybot, but still it doesn't work, I am having to keep the programs on whilst I go on Firefox because everything is always unprotected.

Useless!

Quote Originally Posted by badlands View Post
    Firstly I cannot find the Documents and Settings, even though I have searched using the computer search.

Secondly, I also cannot find the permissions.sqlite file either. I wish there were an easier way of doing all this! I am not THAT technical that I have to go in and change system files. I tried uninstalling Firefox and Spybot, but still it doesn't work, I am having to keep the programs on whilst I go on Firefox because everything is always unprotected.

Useless!
    Hey, Just read your reply and though whoa your needs are more than mine here. I acn help you find these things I have found that file they talk about but can't seem to do what they say with it I'm lost to as too what they want us to do with it so I can't do much about that for us both so al I can do is try this myself and report back here with detailed walkthrough I"ll try my best here lol. But first you want to go to your C:\ Drive your Local Hard Drive that Windows is on....If you need help finding that all you do is go to "START" (Button) look at the right side of this panle and you should see "My Computer" than click this. This will bring you into a window that has the A;\ Drive or/and other media drives like your cd rom and DVD roms :D Next after finding this Drive C:\ it can also look like this "Local Disk (C:\)". So now that you have found this little blitter of a drive click on it and go into it, then you will be in a window with three folders one that reads "Documents and Settings" next below it should be "Program Files" & next "WINDOWS" Now Go into the "Documents and Settings" folder. Next you'll see other folders here with names to accounts like the defult account and admin so you want to go into your account folder so find it. It will be named the same as your username to log into Windows at the logon screen. Next find "Application Data" folder go into this folder and find "Mozilla" folder Next find and go into "Firefox" folder. Ok Now you see the folder called "Profiles" go into this folder then the next folder there should be only one called "tbiyoawl.default" and vol la your in there near the middle should be the "permissions.sqlite" ok so here is a recap and in fast motind first you find "Local Disk (C:\)" --> "Documents and Settings" --> "Your Username Account Folder" --> "Application Data" --> "Mozilla" --> "Firefox" --> "Profiles" --> "tbiyoawl.default" --> the "permissions.sqlite"

Now that's how to find it I don't understand what or how to change it to ths host prem.1 file so goodluck and thanks for reading.
    NoN-Elemental. P

Quote Originally Posted by Hellish View Post
    Hey, Just read your reply and though whoa your needs are more than mine here. I acn help you find these things I have found that file they talk about but can't seem to do what they say with it I'm lost to as too what they want us to do with it so I can't do much about that for us both so al I can do is try this myself and report back here with detailed walkthrough I"ll try my best here lol. But first you want to go to your C:\ Drive your Local Hard Drive that Windows is on....If you need help finding that all you do is go to "START" (Button) look at the right side of this panle and you should see "My Computer" than click this. This will bring you into a window that has the A;\ Drive or/and other media drives like your cd rom and DVD roms :D Next after finding this Drive C:\ it can also look like this "Local Disk (C:\)". So now that you have found this little blitter of a drive click on it and go into it, then you will be in a window with three folders one that reads "Documents and Settings" next below it should be "Program Files" & next "WINDOWS" Now Go into the "Documents and Settings" folder. Next you'll see other folders here with names to accounts like the defult account and admin so you want to go into your account folder so find it. It will be named the same as your username to log into Windows at the logon screen. Next find "Application Data" folder go into this folder and find "Mozilla" folder Next find and go into "Firefox" folder. Ok Now you see the folder called "Profiles" go into this folder then the next folder there should be only one called "tbiyoawl.default" and vol la your in there near the middle should be the "permissions.sqlite" ok so here is a recap and in fast motind first you find "Local Disk (C:\)" --> "Documents and Settings" --> "Your Username Account Folder" --> "Application Data" --> "Mozilla" --> "Firefox" --> "Profiles" --> "tbiyoawl.default" --> the "permissions.sqlite"

Now that's how to find it I don't understand what or how to change it to ths host prem.1 file so goodluck and thanks for reading.
    Thanks for that, shame though that I followed your instructions and there is actually NO Documents and Settings folder on my Windows Vista computer. Hence my dilemma!

Quote Originally Posted by badlands View Post
    Thanks for that, shame though that I followed your instructions and there is actually NO Documents and Settings folder on my Windows Vista computer. Hence my dilemma!
    Really on vista um it miht be hidden because of vistas stric rules it might have hidden that folder try looking that up on google for vista maybe that might work I only use windows Xp pro until I get the next huck o junk I have working its all I can get going on a 3.0 Ghz one core Hyper Threading core lol sucks but it works srry I couldn't help

Srry also try instead of Docs & settings folder it might be called my Documents might I'm not sure try that again later

AH HAAAA I found it I search on google and now its called "USERS" so now you should be able to see some what where it might lead to just look in some of those folders under the USERS folder and peak in each one most likely it'll be the same folder names maybe so check app data first if nothing then maybe the next likely file folder and thus thanks again for being patience here is a link to the site I found it on good luck and all with this.

http://ask-leo.com/why_cant_i_access...ows_vista.html

leo.com is a well known and safe site thanks again later
    Last edited by Hellish; 2010-01-19 at 02:29. Reason: Not thinking clearly lol
    NoN-Elemental. P

Really? No One can help here I have tried ever little piece of advice I have seen on this thread and it still seems I can't immunize Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 I"m using Spybot 1.6.2.46

So can someone please when they find the answer like say if they find out that for some reason has to do with a firewall or some other app or something to do with windows on Ccleaner I have and use that by the way and it has them both listed to clean in there all it does do though is clean well wait it does show the sqlite for like a sec so I know it cleans it maybe that's the problem that it is Ccleaner so if it is let it be known I figured that out I'm going to try something later
    Last edited by Hellish; 2010-01-20 at 17:25. Reason: Just checking spelling lol :P
    NoN-Elemental. P