Thread: A Spyware Stuck Inside My Internet Explorer?

Default A Spyware Stuck Inside My Internet Explorer?

I don't really know Anti-virus and spyware scanners too well, and I've only just started learning about them. I need a bit of help understanding something the Spybot S&D found.
    First off, currently (8-18-08 1:43 AM GTM: 6:00 CT/Central Timezone) I have the window of Spybot S&D up still, and I'll keep it up until I can get help with my issue or until I have to leave, and if it comes to me leaving I'll just have to wing it and see what happens. The others I think I can tell I should just click recovery on, but the one I am confused on is something I'd rather have some help on before I take action on it, to avoid some confusion I'll just list all the things that Spybot S&D found, so whoever comments can give me advice on what to do with them. I'm going to be doing online schooling with my laptop soon, and I'd rather not have my computer being spied on or fried.
    Here's the descriptions I'll try and give. I'll list the entries of the problem under where I list the problem and number of entries. And I'll try and list them as Spybot S&D lists them, so everyone will understand better if they use it often. The "-"'s or dashes I list is supposed to be the entries that show up after I click the plus "+" signs that are on the side of the listed problems. And the "~"'s to the side are suppose to tell you what kind of the problems are.
    Problem: Casale Media 4 entries Kind:
    --Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) ~~Cookie
    Firefox (default): .casalemedia.com/ (CMX3)
    Firefox (default): .casalemedia.com/ (CMPP)
    Firefox (default): .casalemedia.com/ (CMPS)
    Firefox (default): .casalemedia.com/ (CMID)

Problem: MediaPlex 1 entry Kind:
    Firefox (default): .apmebf.com/ (S)

And now here's the one I'm confused on because of the fact of what Spybot S&D listed it as, all of these listings are in red so I know I have to do something with them based of the little I read from the Help bar from the navigation bar. I'm confused on what to do with it because I think it might effect internet explorer if I do, do something with it. So this is why I am asking for someone or some people to just help me out with all of these problems. Don't forget that I'm trying to list these exactly how Spybot S&D does so that you'll understand it better and can easily explain to me what to do with them.

Problem: Microsoft.Windows.Security.InternetExplorer 1 entry Kind:
    --(SBI $A3433CBF) Settings ~~Registry change
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-220523388-706699826-...

Well that's all of them including that last confusing one, I put up the "..." because that's what was listed on the Spybot S&D, I'm guessing it just put "..." because it was too long to list. Either way, if you don't mind, tell me how I'd fix all of these, and if you can make it detailed but simple so I'll understand and know what to click and such. Like tell what do select and what to click, basically what to do, step-by-step.
    And thank you for reading and helping.

i got a detection that look like the one you got some time ago but it is probably not the same as your detection: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...active+content

it is better if you post the full log so one of the team members or other users can explain what that detection you got is because i dont know what it is but it is probably a setting that is changed in internet explorer.

just fix the cookies that was detected, they are not a high risk threat.
    click on fix to remove them.
    Last edited by blues; 2008-08-18 at 09:53.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    i got a detection that look like the one you got some time ago but it is probably not the same as your detection: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...active+content

it is better if you post the full log so one of the team members or other users can explain what that detection you got is because i dont know what it is but it is probably a setting that is changed in internet explorer.

just fix the cookies that was detected, they are not a high risk threat.
    click on fix to remove them.
    Thanks for that info but apparently that last one is a high threat I think, because it said the kind it was, is "Registry Change" and it listed it in red, which as the Help in trouble shooting said needed to be fixed.
    Jaxis

yes, that one may be a high risk threat. post your full log if you want so someone else can look at it and tell you what it is. or you can fix it if you want.
    Last edited by blues; 2008-08-18 at 10:11.