Thread: Version 1.6 blacklist problem

Default Version 1.6 blacklist problem

I have just installed 1.6.

The resident part then started scanning my system. One of the messages that flashed past through a balloon indicated that it objected to one of my normal applications. It said something to the effect that it had blacklisted the process or application. Unfortunately the messages were flashing through that quickly that I couldn't take it all in!

How do I find out about this process that it seems to have blacklisted and what do I need to do to correct this problem?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

warthog:

The information about what process was blacklisted should be in the Resident.log. There are several ways (4 listed below) to access the TeaTimer's Resident.log file:
    1. Right click on the TeaTimer (Spybot-SD Resident) system tray icon and select Show Log.
    2. Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
    3. Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Previous reports. Select the Resident.log file and open it.
    4. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the Resident.log file located in one of the following directories:
      • Windows 95 or 98:
        C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Windows ME:
        C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
        C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Windows Vista:
        C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.