Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: S&d 1.5.20

Default S&d 1.5.20

I just installed Spybot S&D 1.5.20 on my VistaHPsp1 and notice when I look in the languages, all languages are listed. Is there any way I can only have English (USA) listed (and remove all the others)?

Thanks.
    Alice

(I notice ver 1.6 is now available, but think I will wait a while to get that. When I decide to download it, will it over-write the current version I have 1.5.20?)

Where are the 'languages' located? Is it in Advanced Mode?

FYI: Spybot-SD 1.6.0.30 can safely overwrite Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Where are the 'languages' located? Is it in Advanced Mode?

FYI: Spybot-SD 1.6.0.30 can safely overwrite Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20.
    Sorry, yes in Advaned/Settings/Languages

(I'm a bit new at this. My husban is the one who installed S&D on our other notebook.)

It looks like it's located in 'Settings' > 'Languages'. I only have English. What other languages are listed on your Spybot?

The problem is that I can't seem to remove them, as English is the only entry that is listed. When I clicked on it, it redirects me to the main window.

Can you try upgrading, as it doesn't hurt to see if the languages are gone . However, if you take the extra step tiger2 I would suggest you uninstall version 1.5.2.20 and go with a fresh install (1.6.0.30; to see if this resolves the problem).

I would suggest you follow these steps for a clean install to avoid any possible problems/errors:

Run Spybot-SD in Advanced Mode.
    Disable TeaTimer and SDHELPER.
    Undo the immunization.
    Uninstall Spybot-SD.
    Reboot.
    Download the small fix directly to the desktop and right click 'Merge'.

Download Spybot-SD 1.6.0.30 and install it.

Default Thank you

I did a search for "languages" on this board and saw something similar at:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...lete+languages

I followed the directions about deleting the un-needed language files and now when I look I see only the languages I didn't delete.

Oh alright. Thanks for bringing that up , I didn't realize that.

I would suggest you upgrade if you have the time. However, that is entirely up to you.

Safe surfing.

Default Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    It looks like it's located in 'Settings' > 'Languages'. I only have English. What other languages are listed on your Spybot?

The problem is that I can't seem to remove them, as English is the only entry that is listed. When I clicked on it, it redirects me to the main window.

Can you try upgrading, as it doesn't hurt to see if the languages are gone . However, if you take the extra step tiger2 I would suggest you uninstall version 1.5.2.20 and go with a fresh install (1.6.0.30; to see if this resolves the problem).

I would suggest you follow these steps for a clean install to avoid any possible problems/errors:

Run Spybot-SD in Advanced Mode.
    Disable TeaTimer and SDHELPER.
    Undo the immunization.
    Uninstall Spybot-SD.
    Reboot.
    Download the small fix directly to the desktop and right click 'Merge'.

Download Spybot-SD 1.6.0.30 and install it.
    ==========================

Was just re-reading your (above) post again and was a bit confused about the sentence - "Download the small fix directly to the desktop and right click '[U]Merge"
    What does that mean? What is it? Must it be done?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

tiger2:

For future reference.

During the installation of Spybot there are two (2) places where languages are involved. The first is where you are asked to select a language:

Select Setup Language

Select the language to use during the installation:

English

The second is when you are selecting the components to be installed:

Setup - Spybot - Search & Destroy

Select Components
    Which components should be installed?

Select the components you want to install; clear the components you do not want to install. Click Next when you are ready to continue.
    The following options is checked by default and should be unchecked if you do not want other languages besides the defaults installed:
    • Additional languages

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger2 View Post
    ==========================

Was just re-reading your (above) post again and was a bit confused about the sentence - "Download the small fix directly to the desktop and right click '[U]Merge"
    What does that mean? What is it? Must it be done?
    What I meant by that is when you click on the 'small fix' you'll see a bunch of text. Then download it, in other words 'Save' it to the desktop (Ctrl+S). Right click on the registry file and click 'Merge'. This would be done after you reboot.

Default even simpler..........

just wanted to add drragostea that that only needs to be done when using a different browser. If she uses internet explorer she can download the fix no problem. Do the process above but use internet explorer to download the small fix.

see: http://www.spybot.info/en/howto/uninstall.html
    use internet explorer to go to that page, then after following all directions and restarting your computer, download and install the latest version.
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-07-24 at 21:54.