Thread: Suggestion for program enhancement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Suggestion for program enhancement

Hi. I've used your program for a long time and really appreciate all your hard work to keep it both up-to-date and functioning well.

I recently went thru the update process to the new version. One of the new features that I like is that the Resident scans every process when they start and shows it in the tray and with an alert bubble. The thing that is REALLY ANNOYING is that I have to click the info balloon to make it go away. I see that I can turn off the info balloons but I like seeing it working. I just wish I had the option to have it go away on it's own after a few seconds. Is this possible? Or is there a reason you have it function the way it is now?

Thanks again!

Unfortunately the time delay on the balloon display appears to be fixed by Microsoft. This was commented on by the developer
    PepiMK One thing I do still find annoying is that he balloons stay for at least 10 seconds (or was it 15)? That's a Windows limitation designed to make sure the user notices them, smaller values are not possible. I added a final "All new processes have been scanned" message to avoid the impression that the last process would take very long compared to earlier ones.
    The thread discussing the development of the new version of the Spybot-SD Resident system tray icon (aka TeaTimer) is now 8 pages long and contains 80 posts, so you can imagine the number of suggestions and comments. The quote above is taken from that thread - the full thread can be found here: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30994

Well THAT's disappointing! But understandable.

There was a couple of times when the balloon did not disappear at all and after several minutes or more I had to click on it. It has not happened since I posted here, only immediately after the install. I'll keep tabs on it and post again with details if it happens again.

Thanks again.

How about a way to disable the status bubble altogether. I appreciate the process scan function, I don't necessarily need to know every time it runs.

Thanks!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

CosmicWiener:

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicWiener View Post
    How about a way to disable the status bubble altogether. I appreciate the process scan function, I don't necessarily need to know every time it runs. ...
    At the the same time the balloon notifications were added so was a method to disable them.

Right click on TeaTimer's icon (actually titled "Spybot-SD Resident") which should be present in the taskbar notification area (system tray) and uncheck "Show info balloons" by clicking on it.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    CosmicWiener:

At the the same time the balloon notifications were added so was a method to disable them.

Right click on TeaTimer's icon (actually titled "Spybot-SD Resident") which should be present in the taskbar notification area (system tray) and uncheck "Show info balloons" by clicking on it.
    Do you have to reboot?