Thread: Problem Downloading Spybot 1.6

Default Problem Downloading Spybot 1.6

My computer has Vista. I currently have Spybot 1.4 loaded on my computer. First I could not download the updates, then 1.6 would not install indicating that there was an error in the download. I thought about uninstalling all products and reinstall 1.6. Has anyone encountered a similiar problem or know a fix?

Lightbulb first...

remove spybot completely. Restart the computer. Then download and install version 1.6

During the install, uncheck download updates immediately. That fixes the problem you are experiencing. Then do the install. Also make sure your firewall is allowing spybot to access the internet!
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-08-10 at 06:58.

Default Thank you for the fix

This fix does work. I manually deleted the shortcut and the 1.6 download that I saved to desktop. I emptied the trash and restarted the computer.
    I noticed that Spybot was not completely uninstalled and still scanned upon start up. Since I was downloading again I did not delete the files. Spybot asked if I wanted to replace the existing file and I replied "yes". I am running Spybot with other security software and was asked to allow Spybot and Safer Networking access which I allowed.

I am now experiencing a problem with immunization (it does not recognize my log on as the administrator) but I will address this in a new post.

Lightbulb your welcome :)

And I am glad that worked for you. I will be happy to address your other issue in another thread.

You can right-click the desktop icon of Spybot-SD and click "Run as Admin" and the Immunization and fixing entries will work.

Lightbulb thats correct

if run as admin does not work, we can help you. I was going to say that haha, but drragostea beat me to it. make a new thread or keep it here, your choice.
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-08-10 at 22:01.