Thread: Looking for the scan log.

Default Looking for the scan log.

Hi everyone,
    I'm running Spybot v. 1.6.0 on a weekly basis through the Windows Task Scheduler.When the scan is over ,Spybot interface is open but there's no notification the scan was successfull or not,as it used to be before.

Therefore, I'm under the impression that Spybot is launched but did not run.
    Is there a log where this could be checked,as to wether Spybot ran or did not?

Thank you.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Babac:

By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log files produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

There are two methods to review that information:
    • Method 1:
      • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Previous reports. Look for the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file that you are interested in. Open it.
    • Method 2
      • The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log files are stored in the following folders:
        • Windows 95 or 98:
          C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows ME:
          C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
          C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows Vista:
          C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Smile

I see the md usa spybot fan has answered your post whilst I was grabbing a screen shot of what the end of a scan looks like. A previous scan & fix had removed all usage tracks, and so they don't show, but normally there would be a few present if your scan is set to include them.

So I'll just post the shot so it isn't wasted.

Hi md usa spybot fan,
    I'm under Windows xp fam. and with method #1, I did not find any log to open up or explore.The file is empty.

With method #2, I have no ''data application'' under ''all users''. I found it under ''administrator'' but unfortunately there are many programs but no Spybot at all.

Greyfox
    Thanks for your sceenshot.When Spybot has run, I do not get a windows like yours anymore.The main windows stands open with no mention at all.
    That's why I'm now posting on this Forum.
    Thank you.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Babac:

Your Environment Variables would normally cause the creation of the logs where I indicated unless the Environment Variables are pointing to a different location or you altered the default installation directories when installing Spybot.

If you start Spybot manually and run a scan, where do the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log(s) end up?

What command line parameters are you using when you are running Spybot via the Windows Task Scheduler (i.e. the xxxxxxxx's in the following)?

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /xxxxxxxx /xxxxxxxx /xxxxxxxx

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hi md usa spybot fan,
    When I run it manually,I don't know where it ends up.
    Here are the command lines I'm using to launch Spybot through the Windows Task Scheduler.
    Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    Babac:

What command line parameters are you using when you are running Spybot via the Windows Task Scheduler?

"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOCHECK
    Thanks for your help.