Thread: Can't find the virus

Default Can't find the virus

I was told that there was a good chance that I had a virus on the computer.
    The time on it resets itself every couple of weeks and yesterday we had to reinstallt he video. I turned off the System Restore and ran the scan in Safe Mode but i still couldn't find anything. the computer isn't but 7months ols so I don't understand why the CMOS battery would be going out already. I had ann email open on me automatically after I deleted the on before it and it had spyware on it. Spybot did not detect it but I had another antivirus that did. The tech said that they might be some traces of it left. I have not idea how else to find it. I already have 5 antivirus programs downloaded 2 that is temporary to see if I could find it but I still haven't found anything.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by stacy3399 View Post
    I was told that there was a good chance that I had a virus on the computer.
    Who told you?

I turned off the System Restore
    Not a good idea if a machine is infected. Doing so only serves to destroy a known restore point and won't remove the malware.

I had another antivirus that did. The tech said that they might be some traces of it left
    Which anti virus program and who is the tech?

I already have 5 antivirus programs downloaded 2 that is temporary to see if I could find it but I still haven't found anything.
    Do you actually have five anti virus programs installed as resident?

Even if temporary it could wreak havoc, rule of thumb is one Firewall/one AV to avoid certain conflict and loss of program efficiency.

Please clarify, thanks.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016