Thread: Problem Installing 1.6.0

Default Problem Installing 1.6.0

When I tried to update to version 1.6.0 I keep getting this problem from set up: Unable Excute File Create Process Failed Code 740 How do I correct this problem?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

timstack:

Running Windows Vista?

If so, rather than just double click on the installation program (spybotsd160.exe) to start it:
    • Right-click on spybotsd160.exe.
    • Choose "Run as administrator" from the context menu.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Well I just noticed that there are 2 Spybot Icons on my desktop after 1.6.0. One says "Spybot Search" and the other say's "Spybot160" I was clicking on "Spybot160" and set up would keep coming up. Why did both of these install on my desktop and shoud I leave both there.

timstack, so we can safely assume that md usa spybot fan's solution worked?

Yes, both the installation file (.exe) for Spybot and the icon of Spybot-SD itself will look identical. The Spybot-SD program itself would be: "Spybot - Search & Destroy", while the .exe file to install Spybot on the computer will be named Spybot160.

Default Install error code 740

I just installed Spybot 1.6.0 on a Vsta machine.
    I got error "Unable to execute file SDWinsec.exe create process failed code 740.
    However, Spybot seems to be working. I did the updates, an initial scan (found 27 tracking cookies) and Immunize.
    That all worked.
    Can I ignore the error or do I need to do the "Run as Administrator' for Spybotsd160?
    Thanks
    Frank C

Hello Frank. The error code '740' seems to have to do with the Administer Rights in Windows Vista. You'll have to right-click the Spybot desktop icon and click "Run as Administer".