Thread: Win32brontok.ab

Question Win32brontok.ab

Hi!
    First let me say I am grateful for this forum and the people who so generously offer their time and support.

I have a feeling I ought to know the answer to my question, but I'm just not sure. Anyway, I ran Spybot S&D yesterday and discovered I had acquired the Win32.brontok.ab Trojan. I chose the fix problem option and I got that glorious green check mark indicating it was fixed. My question is this: does it being fixed mean that the Trojan has been removed from my computer and I don't need to do anything else?

Thanks again!
    LC

Quote Originally Posted by lazycreek
    does it being fixed mean that the Trojan has been removed from my computer and I don't need to do anything else?
    Yes, but be careful while surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.K View Post
    Yes, but be careful while surfing.

Hi Tom.K

Thanks so much for the quick reply and the good news ... you have saved me sooo much more time and worry.

I am so relieved to know you can find such trustworthy and reliable help on the web, for free no less. It also boosts my faith in humanity to know there are people like you and the creator of Spybot (and of course the most wonderful girl in the world) who are willing to donate their time and effort to help others. Speaking of donating ... it's time for me to pay a visit to that page